IGNORED

Bugger it Broke!!

Quickstep

Headed out from Salt Lake City this morning and just short of Ft Bridger the speedo cable broke on the '84 1st Gen :yikes:

I can follow Annie for the next couple of days..... Can anyone bring me a speedo cable to the International Rally???

Headed out from Salt Lake City this morning and just short of Ft Bridger the speedo cable broke on the '84 1st Gen :yikes:

I can follow Annie for the next couple of days..... Can anyone bring me a speedo cable to the International Rally???

Do you want just the cable, or the jacket as well?

Got a used one in my trunk, greased and all.

See U there.

You're fast Carl, but not fast enough. I had one ready to go last night. My speedo has been bouncing a little, so I packed one in case it decided to croak.

Gary

BTW, how does one straighten a slightly kinked speedometer cable jacket? My '88VR speedo system works fine, but the outer sheath is visibly 'bent' and any separation of the windings of the sheath can let water in leading to.........

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

BTW, how does one straighten a slightly kinked speedometer cable jacket? My '88VR speedo system works fine, but the outer sheath is visibly 'bent' and any separation of the windings of the sheath can let water in leading to.........

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

I'd just replace it. They're not all the much used. Probably the cost of shipping?? I don't think you can ever straighten the jacket, and the kink will eventually start to wear on the cable. :2cents:

Just got to thinking.... Brian might have one one that wrecked bike of his???

You're fast Carl, but not fast enough. I had one ready to go last night. My speedo has been bouncing a little, so I packed one in case it decided to croak.

Gary

Ya but,,, I posted before you, annnnnnnd you never did pass me with that yellow machine, now did ya!:happy65::whistling: