IGNORED

trial members new purchase & 1st post

Ron Melby

So the Once again the guy at the dealership is dumber then a box of rocks told me AGM was a gel cell battery... That it was made for the newer bikes and it would burn my stator and R/R up. He also told me they were different then a Glass Matte Battery frigin moron!!! Told me he wouldn't be able to Honor the warranty on the battery if I put it in my bike... Keep in mind same one that told me that I was syncing my Carbs wrong.

Go to Auto Zone for your AGM battery. number EXT20L, or contact member Skydoc_17, Earl is a DEKA dealer and will give you a great price shipped to your door...
I think the one for the 1st Gen is the ETX18L, the ETX20L is a couple inches shorter and a couple of pounds lighter.

Yeah I have to run up there to get my sync pro back. After him telling me i was syncing my carbs wrong and him arguing about the battery... I'm done. Just out of curiosity how much vacuum does our carbs pull thru sync ports. Is it more 40cm HG?

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

Hi. I just got back to Fredericksburg Va from Cocoa Beach Fl, where I purchased a used 2012 star venture s that was previously triked by Hannigan Trikes. I also own a V star 1300 tourer (2 wheeled variety), and previously owned a V star 950 tourer. I have been riding since age 14, am going to be 60 in a little over 1 month, and have owned hondas, suzukis, 1 Kawasaki, and a few Japanese scooters. I am hoping to connect with some other venture trikers and/or v-star riders. I am going to see how the trial membership goes, and will most likely join on a yearly basis.

Twelve dollars a year is, in my opinion, more than reasonable.

Hi. I just got back to Fredericksburg Va from Cocoa Beach Fl, where I purchased a used 2012 star venture s that was previously triked by Hannigan Trikes. I also own a V star 1300 tourer (2 wheeled variety), and previously owned a V star 950 tourer. I have been riding since age 14, am going to be 60 in a little over 1 month, and have owned hondas, suzukis, 1 Kawasaki, and a few Japanese scooters. I am hoping to connect with some other venture trikers and/or v-star riders. I am going to see how the trial membership goes, and will most likely join on a yearly basis.

Twelve dollars a year is, in my opinion, more than reasonable.

Hi ya Han!! :welcome1::wel_1Wa::2YELLOW:!!! Aint never got to own a Hannigan or a V-Star myself, been spending my treasured time wearing out 1st Gen Ventures BUT,, I do know for a fact that you will find varmints around the club that have boocoo miles of experience, like yourself, on both.. Thinking with your scoot ownership history you are REALLY gonna enjoy this joint!! I know I sure do!!

Puc

As Puc said. :welcome: You will find that there is a lot of Venture trikers here but they are scattered all over. I have an 03 RSMV and a V star 1300 tour also and like them both. The best way to meet some of them you should try to make Don's MD. It is the second weekend in June. Hope to see you there.

Howdy HVT!! Yes, several of us either currently own or have owned a Hannigan RSV! My '09 got converted at the Hannigan factory in '11 and absolutely love mine! Well, actually I was not entirely pleased with the rear braking so I did a complete makeover using a modified Wilwood master cylinder and made up an adapter plate to link it to the existing brake pedal, and then got rid of those Ducati calipers and went with stock Honda CRX calipers and EBC slotted and cross drilled Honda CRX rotors and now I feel I have the kind of stopping power I was looking for. I also didn't like the RPM per speed ratio of the Hannigan versus the stock RSV so rather than swapping out the gears in the rear end I increased the rear wheel diameter by around an inch which did the trick but I had to do a little trimming on the wheel wells and space the body mount out a little as well.

Anyway, you've come to the right place for information as well as for fellowship!! Welcome aboard!!!

Well Hannigan-san, these three instantaneous pages worth should get the job done in terms of making you feel comfy enough?

That's no Fluke, Bud. You most definitely have found The Honey-Hole. Welcome aboard!~

Rgds, WRIDR