IGNORED

Custom Dynamics 100 LED tail light problem

Installed a Custom Dynamics 100 LED Genesis II tail light.

turned key over and it made some flashs, than the lights came on

BUT when I activate the rear brake light, foot or hand, I have no brake lights. Just tail lights. Also noted my green nuteral light is now out and the turn signals turn on but no flash. Also noted the clicking sound when you activate the brake (sounds like a relay) is not sounding.

I reinstalled the stock 1157 and no fix. still the same.

Any ideas??

This is getting odder,

I went out again and reinstalled the 1157 stock bulb. turned the key and the neutral light came on but the speedometer needle kept sweeping back and forth across the speedometer and a buzzing sound is coming from the fairing, reminds me of the key left in the ignation of a 70-80's car.

Installed a Custom Dynamics 100 LED Genesis II tail light.

turned key over and it made some flashs, than the lights came on

BUT when I activate the rear brake light, foot or hand, I have no brake lights. Just tail lights. Also noted my green nuteral light is now out and the turn signals turn on but no flash. Also noted the clicking sound when you activate the brake (sounds like a relay) is not sounding.

I reinstalled the stock 1157 and no fix. still the same.

Any ideas??

I am not an expert, but didn't wanna leave ya hanging. Recommend going back over to see if anything became loose. Also, check to see if any fuses were blown. If still no luck or if nobody helps figure it out, reach out to Steve, aka M61A1MECH. He may be more apt to give you more answers.

Barry

Ended up that it was a fuse.

The bottom screw holding the taillight in place, scarred a wire coming out of the NEW LED insert.

Saddly Custom Dynamics will not issue a refund, only a replacement at my shipping cost.

So back to the stock 1157 bulb and swollow the $100 led tail light and chaulk it up as lesson learned.

Guest tx2sturgis

Just resolder it and try again...maybe protect the wire with some tape or adhesive.

Did you happen to mention to the Custom Dynamics people that you are willing to eat the shipping charges (or $100 purchase price) if its toast, but that you will be posting the details of the product and its failure on one of the biggest forums on the internet for these bikes?

Don might go break someone's kneecap if he has to.

:smile5:

Custom Dynamics offer is to good to pass up. Another one is enroute, all is well in the end.

Still a mystry how the bottom lens screw could nick the wire. with the new one I'll either use a teflon screw or shrink wrap the metal screw.

I'm still amazed at how all the electronics became wonky. especially the speedo needle sweeping back and forth across the screen.

Thankyou for the replies.

Allan T.

Guest tx2sturgis

I think the design is somewhat flawed, arranging the wire leads so close to the opening for the screw. Its a $100 item...for a circuit board and some diodes.

That could happen to almost anyone and cause more trouble than simply a blown fuse.

Just my :2cents:.