IGNORED

Replacement pin stripes.

I am repainting the saddle bag lids on my 88 Venture.

It is the 2 tone maroon color.

I had a local body shop mix up some paint to match.

I can not find a source for a matching pin stripe tape that goes around the edge of the lid.

It is a double stripe, one of the stripes looks more gold and the other looks more copper. I have tried a couple of different local places that supply body shops, but none could match it.

Anyone here know of a source for the matching stripe?

I have a replacement lid, but it is blue, the blue seems to be slowing the bike down.......

take the lid to hobby lobby and get a model paint that matches:lightbulb:they got 1000's

if you were closer i would trade you out of the blue

The blue one that I have has a very poor finish on it, it is very badly scratched all over, with many of the scratches down to the plastic, and has some chips that will need to be filled. I am not even sure it it is a color that Yamaha ever used, it is a dark Navy blue.

The old one has big chunks missing that I could not find at the "crash" site.

I thought about painting the stripes, but that may be well above my skill level.

The covers on the bike were painted once before and the pin stripes are tape, so they do or at least did exist at one point in time.

Just what was the camera mounted on?????:whistling:

The camera was mounted on a lon........ Oh never mind.....:whistling::essen_018:

Good find.

I had been looking for this trim for over a month and never even thought of fleabay.

A little pricy for just 8 feet, but if it really is a correct match....:mo money:

I will know at the end of next week if it is really an exact match.

Dude for 25.00$ i can just about metal flake the whole bike with a clearcoat.

Wow that is really wanting period correct

I will keep that in mind when I decide to repaint the whole bike a few years from now.:whistling:

even chickens cover legs like that:rotf::rotf:

Thats cuz people think their legs look good enough to eat.:rasberry: