IGNORED

Rear Facing LED Lights - Opinions?

Hello team!

Ive ordered a set of 6" smoked lense, slim profile running/brake LED strips. Im also adding a brake flasher. http://www.chromeglow.com/catalog.asp?prodid=670639&showprevnext=1

I intend to place these on the back of my bike on the hard bags and would like to get the groups opinion of which configuration, A, B or C as mocked up in the photo attached.? The "lights" in the photo are not the real light of course, just red lines;). The wires will be hidden no matter which configuration as they'd pass thru a hole into the bag.

Thanks ! Ill post pics and a video after I get them working.....

andrew

Edited by ablumny

I think option 4 would be better lol hyper makes a set of lites that will give you running lites blinkers and flashing brake lites http://www.hyperlites.com i Have these on my bikes they are much brighter and very intense. I have a bike shop and sell these to a lot of my customers. they also make a set of hyper white for the front an an alternative to modulating head lites

Rider838

Thanks

One more point to clarify, the wires exit the led strips from the back. When led strip is stuck on, the wire won't be seen, it'll pass thru a hole into the hard bag. I'd imagine I'd then run the wires out to a plug and in an area that's not seen.

Higher Up the better. so cadgers can see it.

I have some on the sides of my top trunk now.

pretty visible, maybe you could put one on the

bottom part of the top trunk. just my 2 cents.

Thanks good thinking but I have a pretty bright led light in the trunk spoiler...

:thumbsup2: I had a kid last week that I was watching in my rear view mirror

on my trike and he was texting or doing something with his phone. the guy

in front of me stopped to turn. and then I applied brake and all my lights

started to flash and it did get his attention so he SLAMMED his brakes on. he left

a little rubber I almost just gunned it to go over to the side of the road that time.

At least he saw me from the corner of his eye I guess. or I was lucky that day.

The flashing 4 times was from the back-off system I have installed.

So glad your adding extra protection on the rear :)

C looks good but I'm thinking you will have problems with the surface not being flat. B would be better than A.

How about option D, mount them on your trunk?? As mentioned higher is better...

Good Pick up! However these strips can be bent around a can or angled a bit as I would need to do in config C. Thx

I got to go with "C" simply for this reason.

I like the trianglelated light pattern. I run the Triangle pattern with my head light and driving lights and am convinced that pattern does create a more visible look.

As you are only using these for run/brake having the new lights too close to the turn signals my cause a distration from the turn light if the new LED's are rather intense.

But the higher is better is a valid point.