IGNORED

Sturgis 2013 anyone here going?

Phoneman1981

Tippy n I are leaving Sacremento today and heading up to Lassen national park, than over to Redwoods and from there up to Crater Lake. gonna hit Yellowstone and do a little cow towning in western montana and that should put us inline for the sturgis ralley on the way back to michigan. I just finished fixing the tail light on the 83 at an all night gas station so probably a late morning depart.

I have been going to the rally since 1973, have pretty much wore out the party seen BUT go for the late night chats with other builders down on mainstreet - usually thats where you will find us. Be great to meet up with some of you and say howdy!! I always tent camp about a mile east of the buffalo chip on the praire - quite, cool and peaceful...

Puc

Cowpuc- please come to the venture breakfast at the Sturgis high school just east of town at. 7:30am Wednesday of the rally.

You obviously VentureFar...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tippy n I are leaving Sacremento today and heading up to Lassen national park, than over to Redwoods and from there up to Crater Lake. gonna hit Yellowstone and do a little cow towning in western montana and that should put us inline for the sturgis ralley on the way back to michigan. I just finished fixing the tail light on the 83 at an all night gas station so probably a late morning depart.

I have been going to the rally since 1973, have pretty much wore out the party seen BUT go for the late night chats with other builders down on mainstreet - usually thats where you will find us. Be great to meet up with some of you and say howdy!! I always tent camp about a mile east of the buffalo chip on the praire - quite, cool and peaceful...

Puc

Dang!! If I didn't have so many todo's this morning I'da taken you guys to breakfast. I like the old school touring pic, and the mods to the VR. :thumbsup2: If you ever come back thru this area PM me first. I'm in Carmichael, just outside of Sac.

Jack

Sorry.

I have an imminent passing in my extended family so can't leave from Ca until the funeral.

I was the one suggesting wed am pancake breakfast at the Sturgis hs but I may be a no show.

Depending on "when" I may high tail it as I have to be in Denver next Saturday anyway.

I will post the "for sure" when I know.

Safe ride to all

VentureFar...

Just a heads up. The pancake breakfast you are talking about was put on by the MCJROTC. There is no longer a MCJROTC program at Sturgis Brown High Scchool. I would imagine another group has has stepped up to host but just in case you may want a plan B. If anyone needs a garage/tools while at Sturgis PM me. I live just south of Rapid City on Sheridan Lake Road.

Shiney Side UP!

HowardB

What is the name of the new museum off the slow twisty road closest to the Tetons.

Has a horseshoe parking lot. One way in and one way out?

Thanks

That would be the LSR museum. (laurance straehan rockefeller ) He is the one that donated the land and building. 1100 acres and Phelps lake. The museum is free, but parking is limited. He removed all personal buildings and improvements, built the museum then donated everything to the National Park Service. Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for the welcome. Lots of good people and info on here. Not sure when the MCJROTC lost its funding/support so the FFA kids may be the ones who stepped up. Lots of parking for sure I graduated from that high school. It has been a few years but I was a Scooper. I would meet too but moving today through Tues. back to work Wednesday.

Guest tx2sturgis

I sent an email to Pam Gies at Sturgis Brown High School and she replied saying shes looking forward to seeing the group again.

She asked that someone from the group check-in at the office so she will know you are there, and she will come visit for a bit.

I know that some of you are riding as I write this and may not see it, so if anyone has the ability to text one of the attending members and can pass this along, please do so.

Thanks.

We are in Winterset Iowa tonight. Going to go thru Nebraska next... Sturgis is on route but not our target. We didn't reserve a camp site (tenting) but want to see all the things we can in the area like Mt. Rushmore, Deadwood, Badlands/Black Hills, Wounded Knee Creek, Custer State Park.

From the looks of it we'll be in the Sturgis area around Monday.

Guest tx2sturgis
We didn't reserve a camp site (tenting).

There are lots of campgrounds that take campers on a daily basis, no reservations needed.

And all the things you listed to see will take about 3 days or so.

Have fun!

Don and Nancy. So glad you are visiting our area. I look forward to meeting you both tomorrow!!!! Hopefully tomorrow will be warmer than it was today. Custer SD got quite a bit of pea and marble size hail early this morning. Required snow plows to remove it from the highways.

So I'm not the only Venture up here seen a few ridding around the last few days are we still doing Breakfast on Wed.?

I am coming in Tuesday evening.

See you there wed morning 7:30

Sturgis high school.

VentureFar...

Edited by VentureFar