IGNORED

New Scam to me... DHL Pack Station.

Snaggletooth

If you don't hear from me in while I'm getting cyberscrewed.

I got this in an email tonight. As I've been getting and sending a lot of stuff lately I wasn't thinking and hit the tracking page.

Then it hit me. D'oh!

Googled it and sure enough it loads an EXE.Trojan.

I gotta go sweep. Watch for it.... It's ain't friendly.

DHL

PACK STATION

DHL Ship Shipment Notification

On May 17, 2013 a shipment label was printed for delivery.

The shipment number of this package is 58219644.

To get additional info about this shipment use any of these options:

1) Click the following URL in your browser:

Shipping Info (deleted)

2) Enter the shipment number on tracking page:

Tracking Page (deleted)

For further assistance, please call DHL Customer Service.

For International Customer Service, please use official DHL site.

Disclaimer:

This message was created by DHL Ship, a product of DHL, at the request

of the sender. No authentication of email address has been performed.

Deutsche Post DHL 2013 DHL International GmbH. All rights reserved.

I have received at least 10 of those notices in the last week. I never ordered anything and never clicked the link. What I would do is copy and paste the number then go to the DHL site to track it, and of course no such number.

Yes that one been going around, hey disguise it to look like a real message from DHL. DHL is actually requesting if you get one of these to let them know.

Not DHL, but this morning a warning pop-up screen, that looked like it came from Micro-Soft appreared, and wanted me to start running a removal program for 3 listed viruses. I almost clicked on the link, but thought better of it. When I moved the curser over the link the address had nothing to do with MS. Whew!! Running Deep Esentials Scan as I'm typing this. So there's another one to lok out for....

Not DHL, but this morning a warning pop-up screen, that looked like it came from Micro-Soft appreared, and wanted me to start running a removal program for 3 listed viruses. I almost clicked on the link, but thought better of it. When I moved the curser over the link the address had nothing to do with MS. Whew!! Running Deep Esentials Scan as I'm typing this. So there's another one to lok out for....

I just got a MS (appearance) one this morning to. Got rid of that one. I was thinking again this morning. :doh:

Also beware of one very similar to this!!! only it will state FED EX I have a file that's HUGE filled with scam letters from FBI threats to winning the lottery to Ive' actually received almost perfect Post office fake money orders via Fed Ex delivery. You could actually cash them . I took one to the bank and they were ready to cash it until I stopped them. I took it to the Post office and they couldn't tell that it was fake until they put one of theirs on top of it and it was smaller in size other than that it was perfect and every single day there's a few bikes on Craigs list that are scams. I can't post here what I would do if I got my hands on one of these scammers but use your imagination!!!

Funny thing, I got a free e-mail address from Yahoo long before I got my own computer. Everyone always uses that e-mail, so I never set up microsoft outlook, nor do I use my dsl mail. Yahoo spam seems to always catch those DSL, UPS, FedEx, USPS scams so the only time I see them is when I check my spam to see if a legitimate e-mail got spammed accidentally.

-Andrew