IGNORED

Indian Chief

Freebird

Could be very interesting to see how they introduce this bike.

Hope they stick with old timey looks, with a dash of HD fatboy and up to date technology.

Kinda of like a model T that has been upgraded to todays muscle car standards, if you know what I mean...

ABS, water cooled, EFI...

The rest can be added.

They just need a good solid platform for now...IMHO

We'll have to wait till August to find out.:whistling:

Edited by CaptainJoe

there is an article in motor cyclist mag with details on what went into making the engine look like old style with advanced technology for the engine internals.

i hope they have great success.

liked the looks of the Indians when they tried to make a revival a few years back. but the idea of choosing to ride a big V twin just makes me go yawn. So it looks like it will be another V twin for 2013 111 ci nice looking bike from what they have released. but again V twin Yawn

Al

Sure hope they (victory/polaris) did a redesign on the motor. A friend of mine has like the 02-04 model when they reintroduced it years back. He has had to have the head worked on twice in like 40K. Valves, guides and the like. People today just wont put up with that kind of meticulas maintenance anymore. Heck we had people come in the dealership where I worked part time and had 30K on the car and never changed oil. "The oil light never came on, so I thought I was OK"

I'm looking for an alternative to my '10 Wing, won't get rid of the Wing, but the new Indian is priced low enough that it is in the running.

Problem, I am near Peoria, IL and closest dealer is almost 300 miles away in Grand Rapids MI.

Bummer.

Sure hope they (victory/polaris) did a redesign on the motor. A friend of mine has like the 02-04 model when they reintroduced it years back. He has had to have the head worked on twice in like 40K. Valves, guides and the like. People today just wont put up with that kind of meticulas maintenance anymore. Heck we had people come in the dealership where I worked part time and had 30K on the car and never changed oil. "The oil light never came on, so I thought I was OK"

Polaris did come out with a new motor. Check it out on the Indian site you can hear it run. I figured the price point would come down when they took it over.