IGNORED

Passing light switch question

Just installed passing lights and for some reason I still have voltage to lights even when the switch on the bucket is off. Shows 12.4 when on and shows 4.3 going to the lights when it is switched off. The lights don't light up but shouldn't it show zero? Do I have a bad switch?

Scott

No I didn't do the relay at this time. I'm kind of pressed for time so I just factory wired it for now. I'll make it right later on. I've done a fair amount of wiring in the past just never saw a switch show juice when it is in the off position. Only one wire to the switch (hot) and grounding thru the buckets the way they came. I was just asking so I will have the parts (possible new switch) I need when I run the relay later on. I'm not sure how much juice may trip the relay and I intend to run it with the switch on the light bucket.

Thanks guys, Scott

If you used those blue scotch quick connectors, get them out of there and solder the connections, the high draw of that circuit doesn't like those connectors. PO had mine done that way.

Something is backfeeding low voltage. Disconnect the lamps and check for that 4.3V