IGNORED

Buddy Riches Cable

Santa Hal

:fingers-crossed-emoPut Buddy Riches cable in yesterday. It does not work. I do have a Mike Mute. So is there something I need to do so I can have both??I don't know scratching my head.

I appreciate any thoughts on this matter.

Thanks,

Hal :detective:

Edited by Santa Hal

I seem to remember Don having to hook it up a certain way with the Mic-Mutes. Be sure to check with him too. And since the mic-mutes mutes the mic you will have to turn the mic on before it works with the phone. Just as you would when using the intercom.

May work but its low volume or something. What kind of GPS? I got an edsets cable and I can hear but the mike done work if your riding, sitting stil its OK. Garmin 765t

I have a Zumo 550. As far as I know the cable only works on Zumos. My question is, is a Zumo 450 base different than a 550? To me it looks exactly the same. It has two holes to plug in on both of them they are identical looking. Maybe there is a difference inside. I do have the 550 mount so I will give this a try and take the 450 mount off. The cable does not work directly with mike mute removed and jus the cable. I hooked it up with mike mute first like Freebird said with know results. Tomorrow will try the other base to see if there is a difference. The cable came in a badly damaged package so, maybe there is a problem with the cable. The 550 works just fine with blue tooth in the car.

But will try one more time stay tuned.

Hal :cool10:

Hey Hal. You can test the cable like this. Just plug it in between your helmet and the lead on the tank . Then plug the black lead into the "Mic In" on the mount. Be sure everything is turned up all the way on the Zumo. Then try it again. If that doesn't work send it back and I'll repair it and send it out to you again. It could have been dmage in shipping if the packing was all messed up.

Done beating my head against the wall since Saturday. Switched the Zumo base from the 450 to a 550 base as they look the same. Tried the cable every way I possibly could. I disconnected the mite mute. Nothing! Hooked it up directly to the helmet and the bike just like you said still nothing. Will try to ship it back to you tomorrow. I guess it got damaged in the shipping.

Thanks,

Hal:(:confused::confused24:

I was there in 2010. Most of the freeway stuff was done where I had to go. I say MOST. But it still took over an hour I think to go from one side of Huston to I 10 heading to Lousiana. That place, well all major cities like that are a PIA. If it wouldnt have been for the GPS I was using having lane assist I'm pretty sure I would have been going around in circles for awhile.

:confused24:I have switched the base unit out from the 450 to the 550 and it did not work. I tried to hook it between the bike and the helmet. That did not work either. So as I said I am sending it back

thanks guys Hal :cool10: