IGNORED

I now ride a Wing .. so why am I a member here?

SilvrT

Besides the fact that there is a Wing section and there's a few other "Wingers" here, I realized this morning, after reading a thread about Subaru's and tires (absolutely nothing to do with motorcycles), why I remain here as a member and read the threads here regularly....

1. Education

2. Entertainment

Having been here since 2006, I can't even begin to list the massive amount of information/knowledge I have gleaned from the gang here. And it never stops. Knowledge is power they say and I feel I'm getting more powerful every day from reading the threads here. :thumbsup2:

And that, in itself, is the entertainment for me. :cool10:

I am getting just a tad, a tad mind you of guilt? :think:I mean just a microscopic amount.:scratchchin: Maybe smaller.:confused24:

BUT! I have a fix. :dancefool: I will send you free, (but you pay shipping:crackup:), your very own to keep and hold, Yamaha original equipment Royal Star Venture broken part, to place on punkin somewhere, to relieve you of the guilt of riding one of those other brands, and free your soul to again soar guilt free thru the threads of venturerider.org while remembering all the busted knuckles of your brothers and sisters who may never transition to a ride without a cassette.

Now send me your address.

:stirthepot:

Edited by deepforkriver

You are not alone SilvrT... I, like many others here ride a GW and Im still here.

Im still here for the same reasons you have but I also personally like staying here because I enjoy helping others when I can and with the knowledge I have been blessed with.

Now I dont have all the answers as I can prove myself, but what I do have, I offer anytime and offer it free to anyone in need.

I have come across so many here who give of themselves and give from thier heart, knowing they too enjoy that feeling of being blessed in one way or another to be able to help someone.

Always wanting to "pass it on". That feeling bleeds on this site and I see it and feel it from many. It doesnt take long for a newbie to see it and feel it either thus making a stronger force and family.

Many join here not knowing what kind of world they are about to enter..but soon realize this is the most to giving family they know of.. That in itself makes me want to stay. I dont have that with my real family members...........bet many of you dont either..

I have been here before the site crash likemany here and we have seen many come and go. Many a Good folk too and a few not so good.

You never hear of anyone talking bad about anyone here (posted live anyway)..:innocent:

In all my years here I met two folks I didnt rub elbows with real well, but I still speak to them in respect when I see them and they do the same in return. That respect was built here also.

I could say I enjoy the HD bashing, but that wouldnt get me far.. I get GW bashed every now and then so it doesnt matter what one rides. We all have a common bond here.

We love to ride and we love Dairy Queen...:thumbsup2:

Oh ... not to forget about all the great folks I've come to know.

... as evidenced by the above posts by Yammer, deepforkriver, Flyinfool ... who so willingly and quickly :stickpoke: at a guy .... :Laugh:

That's got to be the #3 reason I'm still here :D

Besides the fact that there is a Wing section and there's a few other "Wingers" here, I realized this morning, after reading a thread about Subaru's and tires (absolutely nothing to do with motorcycles), why I remain here as a member and read the threads here regularly....

1. Education

2. Entertainment

Having been here since 2006, I can't even begin to list the massive amount of information/knowledge I have gleaned from the gang here. And it never stops. Knowledge is power they say and I feel I'm getting more powerful every day from reading the threads here. :thumbsup2:

And that, in itself, is the entertainment for me. :cool10:

Hey that's ok I own a HD now and I am not going anywhere and that's because of all the fine folks on this board. :bighug:

Hey that's ok I own a HD now and I am not going anywhere

ya, I can relate to your dilemma ... my son's Sportster has been sitting in my shed for 2 years .... :Laugh:

(you opened THAT door)

just :stickpoke: at ya ... frankly, wish I could have a new Ultra as well as the Wing ....

ya, I can relate to your dilemma ... my son's Sportster has been sitting in my shed for 2 years .... :Laugh:

(you opened THAT door)

just :stickpoke: at ya ... frankly, wish I could have a new Ultra as well as the Wing ....

You figure between the two of them you could have one to ride??:think::whistling:

Yeah, we hear that from a lot of HD riders......dang things won't run long enough to get you anywhere!

:rotf::rasberry::stickpoke:

:sign just kidding:

Its funny how the site is full of page after page of Yamahas with problems, no HD problems . There is a lot of HD's on this site and we don't get a special section ..... DON what's up with that . No wonder your brother left us.haha

Its funny how the site is full of page after page of Yamahas with problems, no HD problems . There is a lot of HD's on this site and we don't get a special section ..... DON what's up with that . No wonder your brother left us.haha

I don't know about you Eddie....but my Harley drug two 1st gen's into MD last year.

( and they both needed worked on )

Be easy to track down on that big ORANGE piece of plastic....:whistling:

You probably don't realize how true that actually is ...

About a month ago Nina & I were out for a ride with a few others ... new folks we'd not met before. One of them on a Harley Ultra. Anyhoo, I was out for a ride this past Monday and coming up to a roundabout when a guy on a red Wing was approaching from the other direction .... I didn't know him (I thought) but he hollered at me and motioned to pull over ... so I did. He pulls up beside me and says " I recognize you by the bike from a ride I was on about a month ago, there's no other Wing around like yours ... I'm the guy that was riding the Harley ... and after having a heck of a time trying to keep up with you and the other 2 Wing riders, I decided it was time to dump the Harley for a Wing"

LOL

:sign yeah that::Im not listening to

Ok.... Seriously?? Do you really think HD guys would come on a predominantly Yamaha site and post problems?? Are they suicidal?? I've rode with Harley's that ended up at the shop, and Goldwings , and myself on a RSV. If you put miles on them they will need maintenance and or repairs.