IGNORED

cassette mp3 player

dacheedah

Nice idea for the price no doubt. It will by nature of the cassette player convert your digital sound to analog so less sound quality by design but cheap and no hassle install.

I like the VentureMP3 player from Spain. $150 shipped and integrates with the audio controls. Medium skill required to install it but very worth it. I love mine.

I have a Garmin 765t so it has a SD card for MP3 also. Mostly I use the aux in for my phone and Pandora. But if your looking the MP3 player route for $15 I dont think you can beat it. My problem I have had with using the Garmin as primary player is its tough for me to change up how it plays tracks. (lack of operator experience my guess) Also my recording need redone I think, some are loud, some not so much and I have a few tracks that play a minute or so and then quit and go to another. Looks like a soulition to the CD player killing the space in the saddlebag though. My other thought was to record my selections on CD and use them instead of the store bought CD's. You can fit more music on ones you record.

Stuck home sick so look at what I found on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Telecontrol-Tape-Cassette-SD-MMC-MP3-Adapter-Player-/400238291669?pt=US_Cassette_Adapters&hash=item5d300faad5

I ordered one to try in my cassette player

These have been out for awhile. They make two models on only supports a 2GB SD card the other an 8GB. Works great in the venture and as a walk around MP3 player. I also use it in my truck. Only lasts about two hours on a charge and can't play while charging. Can't use any of the Ventures cassette control buttons, just volume but set the volume on the cassette/mp3 first to a usable level. Heck can't beat the price.

I usually plug my iphone into the aux and throw on pandora and the gps, just lookin for a useful purpose for the cassette. I was actually thinking the venture mp3 was actually one of these units http://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB-Car-Stereo-adapter-radio-interface-for-Clarion-CD-NET-Suzuki-Subaru-SD-AUX-MP3-bluetooth/725852386.html

that could replace the cd and be controlled from the handlebar

i found a piece that installed on my bike that goes between the amp and deck it has a mp3 plug port built right into it and is pug and play took longer to remove the stereo than to hook up. go to VentureAudiolink then click on info u want comes from Spain and cost me $ 56.00 cnd shipping and duty included and it works just great. :301:

I usually plug my iphone into the aux and throw on pandora and the gps, just lookin for a useful purpose for the cassette. I was actually thinking the venture mp3 was actually one of these units http://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB-Car-Stereo-adapter-radio-interface-for-Clarion-CD-NET-Suzuki-Subaru-SD-AUX-MP3-bluetooth/725852386.html

that could replace the cd and be controlled from the handlebar

The Venture MP3 I have is the one from Spain found at this URL: http://www.venturemp3.com/index.html

I love mine. Not sure why KeithR doesn't like his. Everyone has their own preferences based upon their own experiences. For me it works great. I did discover that removing the MP3 IDtags on the songs is a good thing. Not required but I find things just work more smoothly. There is a free app that will scan your songs directory and remove all tags in-bedded in the songs. It's also a good idea to use a bulk renaming tool to remove all special characters from your titles. This is easy stuff for the integration advantage.

The Venture MP3 I have is the one from Spain found at this URL: http://www.venturemp3.com/index.html

I love mine. Not sure why KeithR doesn't like his. Everyone has their own preferences based upon their own experiences. For me it works great. I did discover that removing the MP3 IDtags on the songs is a good thing. Not required but I find things just work more smoothly. There is a free app that will scan your songs directory and remove all tags in-bedded in the songs. It's also a good idea to use a bulk renaming tool to remove all special characters from your titles. This is easy stuff for the integration advantage.

The problem I was having was it freezes...won't change track numbers on control...just acting really strange. I did contact them but it wasn't worth sending back to Spain for analysis.(postage with tracking $65.00) I changed SD cards....Changed Music......did every thing I could think of changing with no luck.

Keith

The problem I was having was it freezes...won't change track numbers on control...just acting really strange. I did contact them but it wasn't worth sending back to Spain for analysis.(postage with tracking $65.00) I changed SD cards....Changed Music......did every thing I could think of changing with no luck.

Keith

KeithR: What size SD card are you using? I use a 4GB as anything larger is a waste anyway. They want us to use a non-HC SD but no one makes one of those any more. Do not use an Extreme or Ultra SD. Mine occasionally stops in mid song and I just hit the down arrow on the control and it starts right where it left off. It doesn't happen often but does happen. Make sure you don't have any special characters in your song titles (spaces,!@#$%^&*()_":?>;'[]/.) etc. There is free renaming tool that you can actually just input all those and it will keep the name and remove all those in a bulk process. Also, they responded to me on that issue and sent me a link to a free tool called "Remove MP3 IDtags" to remove the song ID tagging within the newer style mp3 files. MP3 files these days contain lots of info for IPODs to tell the artist, album and other stuff those things can display about a song. This tool removes all that if it's there. Here is a link to that tool download http://www.id3tageditor.com They also recommend keeping the names of the songs less than I think it was 55 characters but I have some really long ones and they play just fine.

And here is a link to the bulk renaming tool http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

When you load that one up it will look complicated but it's really not all you want to do is use section 5 where you remove characters. The block is small but it will hold all the special characters you want then point it at you music folder and execute.

Hope this helps Man.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok it came, mp3s were converted from ipod acc files. Sounded ok as a stand alone mp3. Sounded scratchy when on the venture. Adjusted the output volume down on the cassette mp3 player and it sounded better, not great. You must charge the mp3 player before use, don't know how long it lasts for but it came with lighter plug, house plug and headphones. Not bad with headphones. On the bike if you ff the cassette it goes on an endless search for next track. Using the remote that came with it works well, not what I want to do while driving. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPPW9ooN7jw]Cassette MP3 Player in Venture - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by dacheedah

I got tired of the radio/ cassette on my 86 VR and am now awaiting arrival of a

Clarion CMS1. I also got the I Pod connection so I will be able to control my I Pod from the remote. It is a remote mount marine stereo with a control pod that I intend to mount on the bar where the CB and mute control is located. Yep, I'm removing the entire stock stereo and CB in favor of the new stereo. The FM reception on the stock stereo was terrible and it didn't sound very good. Heck, it's 27 year old tech so I'm not surprised.

Now I just need to come up with a good way to mount a second set of speakers. Anybody added a second set of speakers to their first Gen?