IGNORED

Venture engine

labill

Just attached side car to my 2000 Venture. Needless to say power and fuel went down. Been told to change to V Max rear and pickup about 500 rpm. Has anyone increased HP in the engine? Looking for ideas.

Thanks

Labill

Bill,

The Vmax gears will absolutely help with more umph, it will raise your rpms in 5th gear about 500 rpms at same cruising speed. Another thing you might consider is going with a Dyna 3000 ignition kit on your bike. You can change the timing curve of the engine and raise the rev limited as well. These 2 things will give you more useable power. Your fuel consumption is unfortunately not going to change a whole lot. Make absolutely sure that your carb floats are set properly and that the carbs are synced right. This will help with your fuel consumption.

Steve,

Purchased a Formular II from Motorvation in Sibley, IA.

They attached without any problems. I took the sidecar brake. That way I can remove the sidecar without getting air in brakes. Plus the individual brake makes right turns easy. I did not extend the front end but getting use to it. Electric lean a must.

Mary at Motorvation is super to deal with and sidecar quality is excellent

• 4 months later...