IGNORED

A long day... but worth it !

kevin-vic-b.c.

We got up early today, took a ferry at 9 AM over to the big city, Vancouver, met up with Rick (SilvrT) and his wife Nina. Rick helped me check out a nice 2002 Venture. So while I made the deal with PO went to the bank, insurance, registration all all the crap that could go wrong did go wrong in the process, Rick and Nina kept Lori company sitting in a coffee shop until I was officially the new owner of a very nice silver Venture. Rick showed us "the short cut" through/around the big city to the Tim Hortons....oops I mean back to the ferry for the trip back home again.

Pictures tomorrow as we just got home from a long day.

Thanks Rick

:mo money: :mo money: :mo money: :mo money: :mo money: :mo money: :mo money:

Ya, I'm famous for my "short cuts" :rotfl: ... seems to me last time Kevin & Lori rode with me I took a "short cut" and we all wound up taking a "scenic route" :doh: :Laugh:

The problem this time was the NEW freeway exit was on the LEFT side and not clearly marked and I'd not taken that route before. As it was though, Kevin got to road test his new scoot over quite a variety of road and riding conditions. I was impressed that he was able to keep up with me :stickpoke:

Glad you made it home ok.

EDIT: Googled the new South Fraser Perimeter route (the one I wanted to take) and found that the exit off the freeway was in a totally different place than I expected it to be so, it wasn't the LEFT exit that I thought. :doh: :bang head:

Think I'll take a ride out there today and get familiar with it :cool10:

Edited by SilvrT

A few quick photos from the ferry line up last night.... I just got home from my Sunday 10K run so I am going to shower and go polish her up some. I got rid of the squeeky Shriner style horn off the handle bar as soon as I pulled into my garage last night.

Edited by kevin-vic-b.c.

Nice looking bike ! Now time to dress it up !

You might want to take the flag off the antenna. I remember seeing somewhere that it can lead to a broken mount.

The flag and all the other stupid crap the old boy had on it are gone. I do not like things like stickers on my bikes, although I did leave the small Canadian flag sticker on the rear fender.

For dress up I would really like it if everyone would send me the links to the toys and dress ups they like. I need an LED tail light strip under the trunk, gotta look at a new windshield, the old boy put it on a trailer and took it to California every year with a cover on it so it whipped the wind shield kinda foggy.

If you are looking to light up the rear of your bike... I went with Custom Dynamics 100 LED brake light and converted my rear signals to run/turn/brake lights (from Custom Dynamics).

I don't find the trunk wing to give that much light but looks nice on the trunk.

Passing lights of course... with spacer.... look at the H7616 bulbs. Brightest passing lights I've seen !

I just added passenger highway pegs (Diamon R)and carb covers over the winter (member vendor).

So much you can add to personalize your ride ! Enjoy the shopping ! (don't know why you took the horn off the handle bars ! That made it unique !!)

After you add passing lamps, here are the LED replacement lens. Take off rubber case, fits right in. $39 each

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200407598_200407598

Once you do that, you can add this light bar under the trunk. It's run/brake so brighter when braking. I got mine from Atwoods farm supply but you should have a Northern Tool close to you, and this one has chrome on it!. $24.95

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200466784_200466784

If you like sheepskins (Love em) these guys have first quality, great customer service and price and ship to Canada.

http://www.sickafus.com/shearling/sheepskin-motorcycle-seatcovers.html

Check out the baggershields. Discount for now, gotta hurry tho. I bought the tallest and love it.

http://www.baggershield.com/

I've got more, gotta run for now.

James

You might want to add a Stebel air horn ... now that you got rid of the "shriners" horn (dang, if I knew you didn't want that...) :whistling:

I am sure the shriner horn would have looked much better on Pumk'n Rick.... I had two people ask me about it before I got home, that was two too many.

I am sure the shriner horn would have looked much better on Pumk'n Rick.... I had two people ask me about it before I got home, that was two too many.

heh, I've occasionally thought about getting one of those "ahh-oooo-ga" horns ... like on the old model t's LOL

Years ago when I was a "Mr Cool :cool10: 20 yr old" I had an old Austin A40 and I'd installed those "cat whistle" horns. Was driving along the street and saw a couple babes walking along so I did the "whistle" and was paying more attention to them than my driving... ran into the back of the car in front of me :doh: :rotfl: The girls got a good laff out of that!