IGNORED

Who has satellite radio on their bike?

rickardracing

I have XM in the Avalanche, Sirius in my wif'es Crossfire, XM through my Garmin 665 that I move between my company Caravan and the bike. I also have an Sirius unit connected to the home stereo. That being said, we have come to prefer Pandora to satellite radio. We use Pandora about 99% of the time in the house.

The problem with Pandora is exactly what Brian said. At the house, it is connected via WIFI so uses no data on the cell phones but when you get on the road, you start using data. If you have a limited data plan, it can go through it pretty quickly. Now my phone has unlimited date as it is grandfathered in from when Verizon had the unlimited data. My wife's phone does not however. You have to be careful with that.

We still use the satellite radios most of the time when traveling. I'm going to cancel the unit that is in the house though.

If all you want is XM music they make a $29.00 xm motorcycle antenna. Cb

It would have been nice if you had put some clothes on...before taking that picture.

Caution:::: Do not look at the image in the mirror:rotf:

:backinmyday:

Smartphones and streaming apps work well in areas with cell towers that have data, but fail miserably when you travel out in the sticks, which is exactly where you want the entertainment the most.

Plus, streaming apps use megs of data, and right now I cant remember the formula for data used per hour, but it can sneak up on you and cause an overage if used all the time.

I bought a lifetime subscription for my XM. Worth every penny to not see that XM bill anymore.

:happy34:

I never knew about lifetime subscription. How much did you pay for it?

Regards,

Guest tx2sturgis
I never knew about lifetime subscription. How much did you pay for it?

Regards,

I believe it was around $500 many years ago...I assume it has crept up above that over the years...if its even still available.

You would need to ask a few questions, its not for everyone. I beleive you still have to actually call them to get signed up.

'Lifetime' doesnt mean YOUR lifetime...it means the lifetime of 4 radios. Or it did when I signed up. It may have changed. ( 3 transfers at $75 each, but waived if you buy a new radio from XM itself)

There are some details involved like transfer fees, music royalty fees, and so on...so ask them lots of questions before you plunk down the money.

Also, if you have paid for say, 3 years in advance, and have used say one year of that, they will credit the remaining balance toward the lifetime subscription...but you have to ask.

None of this applies if its an in-dash radio that came with your new car. Yes, you can get a lifetime, but its MUCH more expensive, and does NOT include transfers to a new radio.

Anything they tell you over the phone is of course the latest info...I can only tell you what I know from years ago.

Good luck.

Edited by tx2sturgis

• 9 months later...
As promised, pics of my Sirius setup ...

[ATTACH]74970[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]74971[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]74972[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]74973[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]74974[/ATTACH]

Hi. Just a question to an older thread. Did you use the car antenna for the bike, or did you get a special "bike" antenna?

I was thinking of going with satellite radio on the bike. Actually, we have it in the new car and like it alot. So I was thinking of getting a portable unit for in my suv and having a mount for the bike also. Who has it on their scoot, where did you mount the antenna?

ONe came with my venture,but I took it off. If anyone is interested it is a Delphi roady 2. I really don't use xm so if intereste give me a buzz.