IGNORED

Running a radial front and bias rear?

I'm looking for some feedback re: radial front and bias rear. My bike is an 08 RSV with 24,600 miles. I replaced the O.E.D404 rear @ 17,500 with a Michelin Commander II and need to replace the O.E. front D404. The guys at my dealer says it will be fine to mount a Metzler ME880 on the front. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

I'm looking for some feedback re: radial front and bias rear. My bike is an 08 RSV with 24,600 miles. I replaced the O.E.D404 rear @ 17,500 with a Michelin Commander II and need to replace the O.E. front D404. The guys at my dealer says it will be fine to mount a Metzler ME880 on the front. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

You would be fine the Metzler ME880 in a bias ply tire though.

Thank you for the answer

I wish they did. Why wouldn't they just do that !!!!:fingers-crossed-emo

I wish they did also. The Michelin was put on "by mistake" in August. I had a quote from the shop for $128.00 for another D404, but when I picked bike up it had the commander II on it. Needless to say, I got one helluva deal on the commander for $128.00.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to put on front.

I wish they did also. The Michelin was put on "by mistake" in August. I had a quote from the shop for $128.00 for another D404, but when I picked bike up it had the commander II on it. Needless to say, I got one helluva deal on the commander for $128.00.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to put on front.

IMHO Dunlop Elite III :cool10:

They do make the commander II in the 130 size. A lot of people here run the smaller size in whatever brand they like. I've never tried it and probably won't but many say that it improves handling. I'm happy with the way mine handles already.

I'm running the commander II in the 130 size. I havent noticed any significant changes. May be a little better at slow speeds. The E-3 Dunlap is a good choice. I was alos looking at a Shinko tourmaster. On a previous bike I have Pirelli MT 66 and they were great. I dont care for the wear I got on a pair of the 404 type tires on a Kawi 900.