IGNORED

head set noise

Kregerdoodle

We had a Great Ride yesterday, 246miles:cool10: My face got blistered, so must have had a great time... Dummy me, had the sunscreen in the saddle bag..didn`t know I had to actually put it on.... any way, all was great except for the wind and road noise through the headsets was real bad, bad enough that we finally just unplugged them. Well I ordered the Mic-Mutes this morning.. no more unwanted noise, I hope, and all that I have heard about them, is that they are great.... If it makes Lil Tex happy then everyone will be happy:). When I get them I will use Dons post to install and let ya`ll know how it goes!!

Have a Great Day

Guest tesnevo

I ordered mine two days ago also. Got tired of the same issue too. Hopefully they are everything that I hear about them.

The road noise is killing us. This is the first bike I have ever had with integrated audio that the intercoms stay on all the time.

Chances are that if you're picking up road noise with your mics, one of two things are happening or both. One is that the volume is turned up to high on the headsets and two is that the mic is facing the wrong way. Often times road noise will be reflected from your helmet, the face shield, the windscreen, into your mic(s), not necessarily from the road directly. Try to have the mic as close to your mouth as possible, and facing directly into you mouth. Whatever noise there is, the mic ain't particular, it'll pick it up and send it through.

Adjust the IC (intercom) setting on the control. Turn it down and the wind noise will go away. You may need to work out a signal system to know when to turn it back up to talk.

If you need it turned up all the time so you can talk all the time - take the cage.:rotf:

RR

Since I got the1500SE Goldwing, which runs 'silent', we have to adjust mics for wind, away for calm... & closer for crosswind.

They are the $60. J&M, but no road noise, & always on.

I've never heard road noise through IC system on any scoot. [??]

In my opinion mic-mute is a great invention and well worth the time and expense to install. I've travelled many enjoyable miles using ours and would replace it quickly if it ever failed. Should be standard equipment on the Venture.