IGNORED

2007 Yamaha royal star venture blue/black color

Congrats man. I like the color. IT sounds like a decent deal, not a "man I got to have it" kind of thing but a good deal none the less. Also being you got the additional information that put you at ease makes it good. Sounds like the gent knows how to take care of things when storing them. He probably took the battery out so there wouldnt be all kinds of corosion and leaks. I think your a smart fellow for adding the new tires, I'm sure if you look closely at them youll see weather checking. Shoot my 09 had a late 07 and a 08 manufacture code tires on it and they were cracking by the rim. So I figured if I'm changing one the other cant be far behind and I went for it. Post some pics after you get it. Nice to hear about "barn finds". :080402gudl_prv:

Congrats man. I like the color. IT sounds like a decent deal, not a "man I got to have it" kind of thing but a good deal none the less. Also being you got the additional information that put you at ease makes it good. Sounds like the gent knows how to take care of things when storing them. He probably took the battery out so there wouldnt be all kinds of corosion and leaks. I think your a smart fellow for adding the new tires, I'm sure if you look closely at them youll see weather checking. Shoot my 09 had a late 07 and a 08 manufacture code tires on it and they were cracking by the rim. So I figured if I'm changing one the other cant be far behind and I went for it. Post some pics after you get it. Nice to hear about "barn finds". :080402gudl_prv:

Thanks man, Its not a barn find its a shop fine ;) And I sure will take some pics and post

Congratulations from all the additional information you have posted since your first posting you should be fine. Don't take any of the negatives posted about your deal as anyone thinking your getting rip off. This bunch just wanted you to have all the info you needed to make a decision. Sounds like you got all the bases covered. Now if you could just do something about this weather so we can all ride that would be great LOL.

:080402gudl_prv:

Congratulations from all the additional information you have posted since your first posting you should be fine. Don't take any of the negatives posted about your deal as anyone thinking your getting rip off. This bunch just wanted you to have all the info you needed to make a decision. Sounds like you got all the bases covered. Now if you could just do something about this weather so we can all ride that would be great LOL.

:080402gudl_prv:

Playboy I am with you on that. Now since I buying this bike, I just cant wait intill summer comes. This is going to a long couple of months. I am just getting excited about the venture. I have had cruiser for every bike I have owned and nothing bigger then an 800. I cant wait intill I get some acquaintance ride with my blue angel. :stickinouttounge:

Congratulations on buying the bike !

Glad you posted your question and asked for the advice. You got several answers on what to watch out for and sounds like you've taken the advice and gone to the PO and dealer with this information. You became a knowledgeable buyer.

What was the final price you agreed on ? $9,000 ?

Is there any Yamaha warranty left on the bike (because it's been sitting for a while and has low mileage I doubt Yamaha would cover anything other than manufacturing issues anyway so a carb cleaning would be up to the dealer to do).

Is it a Yamaha dealer ?

Now all you have to do is wait for riding weather ! Good time to start looking at safety chrome ! Lots of people here that will help you spend your money !

:clap2:

Congratulations on buying the bike !

Glad you posted your question and asked for the advice. You got several answers on what to watch out for and sounds like you've taken the advice and gone to the PO and dealer with this information. You became a knowledgeable buyer.

What was the final price you agreed on ? $9,000 ?

Is there any Yamaha warranty left on the bike (because it's been sitting for a while and has low mileage I doubt Yamaha would cover anything other than manufacturing issues anyway so a carb cleaning would be up to the dealer to do).

Is it a Yamaha dealer ?

Now all you have to do is wait for riding weather ! Good time to start looking at safety chrome ! Lots of people here that will help you spend your money !

:clap2:

he xv1100se, I am buying from my local yamaha dealer and they will be cleaning and rebuilding the carbs. i am going to try to get a set of dunlop e3 throwin in to the the set price tho of 10500.00

My battery was acting funny, so I just read up on that. I ordered one from Bohanon's over by Jacksonville Fl. There was a link in another thread the other day. I had to pay tax and it was like $92 shipped to my door. If out of Fl I think they run about mid $80 range for the DEKA.

Your gonna like the backrest on long trips friend. I think youll like the highway pegs too. Same ones I have. I like that they are wider and you can actually rest your foor on them. If they have the same arms as mine boy can you ever adjust them to fit your needs. I have mine adjusted to where I can rest my heel on the floorboards, or prop my foot on the peg. Yet not sticking way out so as to trip someone in a parking lot. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hey that's a good looking bike.

I, also have a garage find. Well, more like a carport find. My '07 had 28 miles when I found it. I've had no problems due to the extended storage period. No carb work yet, and I've ridden it over 11,000 miles now. Just put new E3s on last weekend, and now I wish I had done that sooner.

What kind of tires did you end up getting them to put on for you?