IGNORED

My Weight Metric Chart

GolfVenture

Ok, my 2013 year resolution. Yep, the goal to reduce my weight. After all the Holiday eating, I have surpassed my all time weight of 182 lb (year 2009) for my 68 inch height frame. My new all time high is 183 lb now, and I can’t get into most of my pants without sucking in my gut, and then it is still a real tight challenge. My goal is to lose 20 lbs, to be 163 lbs, or reduce my weight by 11%, in 5 month (By 1 June). An average of 4 lbs per month or 1 lb per week. Looking at it that way the goal seems very reachable.

No special diet fad or a book, just my own personal process. This is my plan.

1) No restriction as to what I consume just control the quantity.

2) I will scale weight every morning and chart it in Excel.

In most business, goals are tracked and weekly reviewed by presenting measurable metrics. When the chart rises it will discipline me to control the quantity.

3) Retrain and control my mind on the feelings of hunger.

Each time I experience hunger feelings in between meal times, I will verbally profess, “My body is converting stored fat into needed energy, and it feels Great!”.

4) I will use my wife’s Elliptical twice a week for 30 minutes watching a movie. Once on weekend & on Wednesday for 30 minutes each.

I should have been doing this 2 years ago after my open heart surgery anyway.

You can help by bumping this thread and asking for my progress, and keeping me accountable.

I will respond with a copy of my Excel chart.

2)I will scale weight every morning and chart it in Excel.

In most business, goals are tracked and weekly reviewed by presenting measurable metrics. When the chart rises it will discipline me to control the quantity.

My advice is DON"t DO THAT!!!

Take it from a guy that went from 398 lbs to 270. It took a while but I got there. May have some more to lose. It's a battle every day.

But my point is...... the daily weight checks ......... you will find them depressing. Once a month is good enough, once a week (as stated in your post) will show some minor results. But the lack of changes from day to day, up or down, will make you second guess yourself or fail to follow the orignal plan.

Good luck on your journey.

Mike

Edited by Snaggletooth

I agree with Snaggle on that. As a hefty lady myself my ob and I came up with a healthy eating plan for me. I'm to eat up to 6 healthy meals a day and keep things portion controlled. Preferably no eating out, however if I must eat out I need to make healthy choices and limit the fast food. Limit my sugar intake, My morning java fix is 28oz of yummy goodness. I've managed to cut my sugar to 4 teaspoons over several mons. I have a morning omelette with lots of veggies, mostly jarred salsa but sometimes I chop up fresh stuff to add. I'm also making my own bread again. Also making soups and stews that are heavy on veggies and light on meats. Because I got into the habit of eating one, at most 2 meals a day because of budget constraints...ie we're poor, my body went into starvation mode. Now I'm having to retrain my body to know there will always be food, and it will take time. He told me to not weigh myself just watch how my clothes fit and in a few weeks I'll start walking the neighborhood regular to build my stamina. My goal this year is to drop 50lbs and build up stamina and strength to handle a trike when my husband makes that investment. Word of warning. In the initial month of trying to lose weight through calorie management you could have a very dramatic loss, upwards of 20lbs then plateau. Men often lose faster and through exercise usually keep the weight controlled better.

Jeff that is correct, However I'm lucky, I decided to develop healthy habits post baby and while I haven't weighed myself since my last checkup, I haven't gone up in pant size, in fact I've almost lost a full pant size compared to where I was just before the baby caused massive swelling. :whistling: Typically I lose weight when pregnant and for a few months after, here's hoping I can finally get down to a healthy weight.

Then Jeff, I'd suggest working towards a smaller waist size. Yeah, my waist was 38 inches on delivery day, now it's 35 inches, ...another couple of inches and I can fit into Mike's 34 inch jeans. I'll never see the days again where I had a 27 inch waist...those days went with the eldest kid.

my waist was 40 in nov now i have to hold my pants up when moving from bed to wheel chair and i dont dare try to walk on crutches and hold pants up :whistling: (already tried that):moon: so what im saying is i found the best wway to lose weight i just dont recomend it it is very painful but you do get to visit cloud 9 for the first 6 weeks after that first day :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

My best weightloss since I gained the weight was while I was carrying my twins. Prepregnancy weight was 220lbs, postop was 175lbs. Unfortunately because of other health issues going on at the time I regained it all :crying:. :crying:At my 8 week post op appt in November I was 196. My personal goal is to be about 150lbs.

Hosting a 12th Man Party in support of the Seattle SeaHawks.

Lots of good food.

I need to not gorge myself like I'm used to, but to eat civil.

I'm not much of a soda drinker except for special occasions like today.

I WILL limit myself to just 1 can.

Just pick up a bottle of water

All I did is lose the after dinner snacks.

Nothing from dinner to bed except drinks.

Weight watchers has a weekly weigh in....so nothing wrong or depressing about that.

They figure you should lose approx. 2 lbs a week for a healthy and sustainable weight loss.

Sustainable means as soon as you quit working on it ....it shouldn't come back unless you really fall back into your old bad habits.