IGNORED

Looking for a 87 1300 Carb Slide

I am looking for 1 carb slide for a 87 1300 . The diaphram does not have to good and I do not need the needle or attaching pieces. All I need is the black slide since I dropped one of mine and busted the top of it.

Thanks and everyone have a Merry Christmas:fingers-crossed-emo

Super Glue. :rotf:Seriously though anybody know if these carbs were used on any other model bikes? I had a Legends race car and it used the FJ1200 motor. They used the carbs on the FJ1200 FJ1300 I think Kawi used them on like the 900KZ At one time I could buy a good set for about $40. WOW I just looked at bike bandit for the micro fiche, it looks like a 3rd grader drew it. Its terrible. How are you suposed to find a part on that is beyond me.

My previous post on slider dia. being different was incorrect. I swapped some emails with another member regarding this. I have a spare MKI 84 rack (34mm) and a spare MKII rack (35mm). Went out in garage and popped a slider cover off each one.

The sliders are the same diameter. 1.178" OD (29.9mm).

The hole in the inner end of the slider is different between the two sliders. The 84 is .091" dia. The 88 sliders hole is .135" dia.. 1st picture shows end inner end view of both sliders.

The needles are different between the sliders, but I have no way of verifying they are stock. The 84 had the security torx screw in the slider cover, but the 88 did not, so 88 has been opened at some point in its life.

2nd picture is an MKI venturi dia & 3rd picture is an MKII venturi dia.

Only difference I know of between the MKI & MKII on the outside, other than venturi dia., is a chamfer difference on the lower dia. of the carb body. 4th picture is MKI & 5th picture is an MKII.

Gary

I believe the inside sleeve diameter is different as the spring diameters are different. I believe the later ones have the larger diameter springs.

RandyA

Few more measurements below. This is only comparing 1 slider from each carb (MKI & MKII).

Weight differences:

MKI 43g

MKII 44g

ID of large inner hole on slider is same.

Length of sliders is 2.622"

Spring difference:

MKI 6.5" long uncompressed

MKII 7.0" long uncompressed

Wire dia. same on both versions

Coil OD same on both versions

Needle protrusion beyond slider is same

Tip of needle difference:

MKI .040" dia

MKII .050" dia

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Mike,

I have one (or two) you can have for the cost of postage, which is about $5.25 for a small Priority Mail box.

Just send me your address and I'll get you one out tomorrow,

Rick

I am looking for 1 carb slide for a 87 1300 . The diaphram does not have to good and I do not need the needle or attaching pieces. All I need is the black slide since I dropped one of mine and busted the top of it.

Thanks and everyone have a Merry Christmas:fingers-crossed-emo