IGNORED

Ignitech group buy interest feeler

I have a few members interested in getting an Ignitech 1st gen TCI.

Main thread on this aftermarket TCI is located at link below.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40414

There was an issue with the prior group of TCI's to be upfront on this. There were a few members that experienced brief ignition cutouts in 3k to 4k range. This seems to have been mostly resolved by using a programing option with the TCI. 90~93 single pickup coil bikes did not report this issue.

These TCI's are as close to plug& play as I can get. All that is needed is to unplug 2 cables from stock TCI & plug into adapter cable. Unhook stock vacuum sensor hose from #2 carb & hook in new vacuum tube for new sensor.

TCI will work on 1983 thru 1993 Ventures & 1985 thru 2007 VMaxs. I need to know what year bike that the TCI is being used on to get correct adapter & matching program in TCI.

TCI cost is $255.00 USD, this includes TCI, adapter wiring harness, new vacuum sensor, instructions & units preprogrammed by me better than what they are from Ignitech. Also includes priority shipping to US address. Paypal payment is $8.00 extra. I would rather not get paid for these as a gift to avoid paypal fees. International shipments will be charged extra cost over US priority fee of $10.50. Shipments will be insured.

$5.00 increase over last time to cover insurance.

Ignitech warranties TCI for 1 year. I will assist anyone with a return issue. I am only assisting in members acquiring these units.

11/10/12 - Lowered price $5.00 because I can not get the smaller vacuum sensor I was going to get to work. I will use same one as last 40 units, just a little larger physical size. I will refund $5.00 to those that have paid me already.

Gary

Edited by dingy
price $5 lower due to vacuum sensor change

I'm need one for my 85 V-Max. Put me on the list. Any idea of a time you might get them?

I would like to get them ordered by the middle of next week, around 15th. It will take 2 to 3 weeks to get them, at least.

Gary

timing is bad....but I want one for my 83 project.

Is this something we can jump in on a later date?

I need to order at least 10 units to make it reasonable for me to do this. So it is something I don't want to do for just a few units. There is a fair amount of work getting one of these buys together. I am getting parts from 4 vendors coordinated, preparing the units, shipping, keeping track of money in & out, burning CD's, etc.

:crying:

They can be purchased direct from Ignitech, but this would be the TCI & adapter cable only.

Gary

I would like one for my 1990.

Just to clarify: ANY payment via PayPal is an additional $8.00? Or just a PayPal payment that is not labeled as a gift?

Nevermind about the PayPal question; I get it now. You don't want to try to circumvent PayPal fees by suggesting a buyer label the transaction with you as a gift. Gotcha.

PM with a mailing address and I will send a check. Thanks for offering this group buy especially with your value added items.

Edited by Prairiehammer

I would like one for my 1990.

Just to clarify: ANY payment via PayPal is an additional $8.00? Or just a PayPal payment that is not labeled as a gift?

Nevermind about the PayPal question; I get it now. You don't want to try to circumvent PayPal fees by suggesting a buyer label the transaction with you as a gift. Gotcha.

PM with a mailing address and I will send a check. Thanks for offering this group buy especially with your value added items.

Any PayPal payment for full amount is $8.00. I don't want to get PayPal irritated at me for accepting gifts for this.

Gary

It looks like I will have enough interest in this to make it happen, so I am committing to it.

Price is $255 for TCI, adapter cable, new vacuum sensor wired into module & vacuum line, good quality marine grade velcro to attach TCI to bike, cable ties, alcohol wipes (for velcro), small tube of dielectric grease for connectors. CD with info I have collected about this unit, includes instructions, (please read instructions first - I won't tell). I attached instructions from last buy to this post.

This time I am going to include a connector to replace the one on the pickup coils to harness connection, this would be optional for member to install though. Not going to include the connectors from the TCI adapter cable to wiring harness that I put in before because I don't think anyone used them (these 2 were to replace bike harness ends). I will have a few from before if the are wanted I can supply, under $5.

If you are thinking about doing any programming changes to the TCI, a USB to Com port cable is needed to hookup to a laptop. Link below is to one I will get for those that want one. Cost is $15.00, which is what they cost me.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=690719&csid=_61

Last charge is $8.00 if you are going to use paypal to pay me, this is to offset my fees. NO GIFT PAYMENTS, I don't want paypal getting upset with me.

Recap:

$255 for TCI & related. (Includes US insured priority shipping, contact me about other locations)

$15 for adapter cable (optional)

$8 if paying with paypal.

PM or email me for paypal ID or any questions.

See 1st post at bottom regarding vacuum sensor change.

Gary

Edited by dingy
price $5 lower due to vacuum sensor change

In one of my numerous emails back and forth with Ignitech this week, they asked me if I would want this order to be what is called the V80 version. The V80 version was trouble free. The V88's did have a glitch that has been mostly resolved with a program change.

I am getting V80 units for the Ventures this time, unless some one tells me that they specifically want a V88. The V88 units are more appealing to the VMax guys due to dual shift lights and ability to run the vboost unit.

If this changes anyone's mind let me know.

Gary

As long as the v-bost still works either one if fine with me. Are you saying the v-bost won't work with the new unit?

I still have you down as a V88 unit. Vboost will work with the stock controller as always on the bike. This is set to open at about 5800 RPM's and cannot be changed easily other than with a tboost switch which the has a 3000rpm setting. You can use a V80 though.

The V88 ignitech can be set up to have full control over the vboost including RPM & rate of opening over an RPM spread. Does not have to be used though. This is not set up to work with the way I supply TCI. I will talk you through hooking it up if you want. You would have to have cable to hookup TCI to a computer to reconfigure program settings.

If you want call me and I can go over this if you want. I am going to Bongobob's in NY tomorrow, so I won't be home till Sunday. I will PM phone #'s

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

I received the TCI's from Ignitech.

Waiting on the MAP sensors. Sensors have been shipped via DHL and I will probably have them Tuesday or Wednesday.

I have the other small included items & USB/Com cables if you requested one already.

I will get units wired & tested to send out no later than Dec. 9th, which is about what I anticipated to ship them.

Anyone that paid me $260 will get a refund of $5.00 due to lower cost MAP sensor over what was originally planned. Cost is $255 now.

I have a few extras available at this time.

Gary