IGNORED

trip to Sedona

Sailor

About the middle of November Janet and I are planning on a trip from Sumas Washington to Sedona AZ. We plan on going via Yakima, Boise, Salt Lake City, Flagstaff and spending a couple weeks in Sedona. Haven't decided on a return route yet. If anyone has any advice as to roads or things to see let me know. We will be taking my 4x4 with Michelin snow tires on it.

The middle of November can be real iffy thru Utah,either snow,rain or beautiful sunny like to day.For a beautifhl ride come down US 89 from Provo.At Spanish Fork take the Price US6/US89 exit and head up Spanish Fork Canyon.About 14 miles up the canyon look for the US89 turn off (right turn) to Fairview and Mt Pleasant.You can run 89 all the way to Sedona then take 89a thru Oak Creek Canyon to Sedona.Great ride.

If you let me know I can try and meet you and ride with you aways down 89 from Mt.Pleasant

Sorry I didn't read the part about you in a 4x4.I still sugggest US89 just too much good sights to not go that way.Would still like to meet up with ya'll if you have the time.

Edited by Pegasus1300
content

Lots of great things to see on your route through Utah. I'm in the Salt Lake City area and would love to meet up as well (we can point you to Paul too). Let us know if we need to make up the spare room.

Going through Flagstaff gives you a great reason to go through Zion's National Park.

Have a great trip!

Dave

About the middle of November Janet and I are planning on a trip from Sumas Washington to Sedona AZ. We plan on going via Yakima, Boise, Salt Lake City, Flagstaff and spending a couple weeks in Sedona. Haven't decided on a return route yet. If anyone has any advice as to roads or things to see let me know. We will be taking my 4x4 with Michelin snow tires on it.

Sailor, "was" going to offer road advice, and places to see, unti I read that you are leaving the bike at home, and taking a 4x4 with Michelin snow tires. See, you are not a real Sumas, WA. rider if you take that 4x4. You are a B.C. rider, wanting to be a Sumas, WA. rider. Ha...I say. Ha !:stirthepot:

Whew, now that I got that off my chest.:shock3:

Sedona, eh? Are you also planning on visiting Jerome, AZ. ??? Any visit to Sedona, AZ. also warrants a short trip up the hill to Jerome, AZ. Well worth the few miles.:backinmyday:

Sailor, "was" going to offer road advice, and places to see, unti I read that you are leaving the bike at home, and taking a 4x4 with Michelin snow tires. See, you are not a real Sumas, WA. rider if you take that 4x4. You are a B.C. rider, wanting to be a Sumas, WA. rider. Ha...I say. Ha !:stirthepot:

Whew, now that I got that off my chest.:shock3:

Sedona, eh? Are you also planning on visiting Jerome, AZ. ??? Any visit to Sedona, AZ. also warrants a short trip up the hill to Jerome, AZ. Well worth the few miles.:backinmyday:

Jerome is a very cool little place, it's up very high so you might need those snow tires there. We rode down there last June, was like a 103F. Up in Jerome, it was at least 10 degrees cooler. Another spot to see if you an Eagles fan is Winslow, AZ, about 70 miles east of Flagstaff. Ron

Thanks guys. Our plan is to follow the Old Oregon trail ( I 84) then onto I 15 and S 20, S 84 S 89 and S 89A. Leaving Saltspring Nov 20 and overnight with relatives in Abbotsford then head out through Sumas on the 21th. We check in at Sedona on the 24 which should give us lots of time. Jerome is on our to do list as is the Verde Canyon train ride. Taking the truck due to the possibility of snow and with Janets bad back she can't ride all that far. If it were earlier I would suggest she fly down and I meet her there with the bike.

On a previous trip to Vegas we did a tour of the Grand Canyon, Brice, Zion and went river rafting over by Paige. Great time and all fantastic places to visit. We are not making a schedule for the trip, just going and stopping when we run out of day. Janet is taking her golf clubs, another reason for the truck.

Just did the Williams (Route 66), Grand Canyon Railroad train to the Canyon, Sedona, Jerome trip two weeks ago. There are also several wineries in Cottonwood just outside of Sedona. In Williams there is a restaurant just by the RR tracks that has the best/biggest pie slices around. Have fun.

Oh yea..ZION is a MUST do !!

• 3 weeks later...