IGNORED

Does not want me to wear any other patch while on a chapter ride

YamaDuck

Speaking of Allen Cease I saw him for the first time today at the FTC truck in Ga. today with his wife. I was instantly turned off by his demeanor and the way (I perceived) his better than you I am head of this organization look about him. I had never seen him before and I got this opinion of him before they announced who he was. He may be the nieces guy in the world. IMHO.

I agree. I met him in Roanoke VA many years ago and got the same vibe. After my chapter folded I droped star

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another reason why I let my Star membership expire after one short year...

Exactly. I did the same. Too many chicken sh*t rules. Personally I like seeing all the patch work and the rides/places folks have been. Great conversation starters.

So it's not only the vest but whats on the bike as well?

Wow, I didn't know that.

Because it's not so.

There is a rule about mixing in other bike association patches on a STAR vest. I think, but cannot say for sure, that at least part of the reason is to avoid friction with other clubs. Nothing else about clothing, stickers, flags, pins etc.

With several thousand chapters you're bound to have some instances of misapplication of the rule. If your local officers are over doing it go up the chain or change chapters.

Judging from the vests I see, the rule isn't often enforced.

I'm not a club member to any other than this lively bunch of nuts but I'd call BS on that. Then again, I'm not a big fan of being told what I can ride or wear.

I had a director at my company tell me I could not have a PGR support patch on my own wind breaker while on store property. He didn't care much for my answer to that comment very much and the patch remains to this day.

I think your guy has his head too close to the tailpipe myself. You're being treated like a prospect.

My :2cents:

Mike

I disagree...I think his head is somewhere else!

Sounds like an issue I had a few years ago with a now-defunct local Southern Cruisers chapter. I have a friend that is involved pretty heavily with them and she suggested that I look into them, so I called the chapter president and asked for some info. The first question he asked, before allowing me any info, was what brand of bike I rode. At the time I had a Suzuki, to which he replied, not so subtlely, "ain't no way in h#!l a piece of Jap trash is gonna ride with us, we only allow AMERICAN IRON"!! So I thanked him, called my friend, she inquired about it to the national organization, and in a short while they had their charter pulled. A little while after that he and his "Harley boys" as he called them, started a local chapter of the Outlaws. Funny thing was that my bro-in-law was allowed to join them, and he rode a Goldwing. They made an "exception" because he was a bike mechanic and kept their "AMERICAN IRON" running. I've had a couple of guys I know that are members of the Black Pistons, which is the metric version of the Outlaws, ask me to join. I have no desire whatsoever to be a member of a "club", especially one that acts as "childish" as these do.

WOW!!! I belong to the local SCRC and we have riders on everything from scooters to Goldwings to Harleys (and one red MK1 VentureLOL). That brand restriction is certainly not on the club constitution and I doubt (hope not) it's a common thing within the SCRC organization.