IGNORED

A brick for st. Jude's

b2dad

Attention all VR Members:

As you know, we recently took our donation to St. Jude's and toured the hospital. While on the tour, we noticed the "walkway" had several engraved bricks. We asked our tour guide about them and she let us know that for a certain donation, you could have a "brick" engraved. As we toured the hospital..we noticed there were walls inside with engraved plaques. Again..for a certain donation, you can have your name on a plaque on the wall. As we kept walking..we started thinking...wouldn't it be really neat to at least have a brick out there with "VENTURERIDER.ORG, For the Children" on it?

So with Freebird's permission and Dragonrider's blessing...we are going to change up our St. Jude's Fundraising a little bit this year...

With your help, we can raise enough money FOR AT LEAST ONE BRICK!! And who knows? If we get enough $$$ maybe, just MAYBE, we could get a plaque. The rates are as follows per the website:

I went on the St. Jude's website and this is what I found:

1. Small brick: $1000

2. Lg Brick: $1500

On the TRIBUTE WALL:

1. Small Plaque: $2500-4999

2. Lg Plaque: $5000

SUPPORTER'S WALL: $10,000.

If we could get just ONE DOLLAR ($!) from every member..we could do it! This is such a worthy cause. Over the years we have donated alot of money, but didn't know we could ask for a brick or plaque...This is YOUR chance to give just a little bit and yet..do SO MUCH!

so what do you think? All you have to do is send your $$ to Dragonrider (Lewis Cramer) by paypal @ partin_guy@yahoo.com or by mail. Will have to add the address on a later post. Come on folks! We can do this! How about it? Are you with me?

Thanks

Patti and Don :fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo

Brad, that drive is still active on the St. Jude Mean Dog Tribute Page.

http://stj.convio.net/site/TR/Events/Tribute?pg=fund&fr_id=1341&pxfid=16870

I dont recall there being a plaque involved, but the goal of $10,000.00 still stands, folks can still donate directly to that on the page. I guess a lot of the new members here dont know about the page or what Mark Stills aka Mean Dog meant to us. He was a very special member to many of us here, especially to those who knew him and his love for St. Jude.

Thanks for reminding us Brad............[ATTACH]72215[/ATTACH]

This is a nice idea, and I am in for it also, but if I'm not mistaken aren't we as a group working on getting the $10K donation for a Mark Stills (Mean Dog) plaque?

My memory isn't what it used to be, so I can be totally off base here :confused24:

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would bring this back up, I have received a couple of donations, I know its the season where other things get in the way and the economy isnt the greatest, but all we ask is a small donation from everyone...........$1.00 from every registered member will add up to a nice donation and a brick on the path to a cure for the kids.

Just thought I would bring this back up, I have received a couple of donations, I know its the season where other things get in the way and the economy isnt the greatest, but all we ask is a small donation from everyone...........$1.00 from every registered member will add up to a nice donation and a brick on the path to a cure for the kids.
if i ever win the lottery i,m going to send you a big check.