IGNORED

turn signal self cancell unit

Mine, an 85, quit working then started again and then quit again, and now has been working for the whole season. Maybe at the age that it is, you have overtaxed it some, give it the winter and maybe it'll be ready to do it's job again next year.

Never did nothing to mine to have it work, just wondered about it, that's all.

I suspect that the most common reason the signal canceler quits is the pickup on the back of the speedometer comes loose. It is a small strip that is glued into a slot that picks up a magnetic signal from the speedometer. Over a period of time the glue dries out and it will come loose. Easy to check by taking the windshield and trim off and the cover on the dash. A good glue for this is a sticky contact cement.

One other thing, your speedometer must still be working for this to work.

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

I suspect that the most common reason the signal canceler quits is the pickup on the back of the speedometer comes loose. It is a small strip that is glued into a slot that picks up a magnetic signal from the speedometer. Over a period of time the glue dries out and it will come loose. Easy to check by taking the windshield and trim off and the cover on the dash. I good glue for this is a sticky contact cement.

One other thing, your speedometer must still be working for this to work.

RandyA

:doh:now yall tell me :stickpoke:

Thanks Gary,

I also have a vboost, gone through 1200 carbs w/ new diaphragms & floats, & custom stack intakes w/ individual filters.

Doug

Get a hold of bongobobny about the vboost. I think he is looking for one.

I do need part of a vboost, the butterflies manifolds, but I can get that on VMax site. Bob would probably want complete vboost.

Gary

What I have is the bolt on butterfly manifold with a custom cable actuator that I built using a Venture choke manual activator in the normal choke position /handlebar mount for the normal manual choke .

Doug

That is an interesting solution to the moulting of the servo motor & control issues.

Some of the VMax guys have eliminated the center butterflies & tie the front & rear intake manifolds together with a straight tube. Commonly referred to as a Stage 7.

Send me a price for the center butterflies.

Gary