IGNORED

Fix Cleaner

Skid

What operating system? if its XP then the problem is likely occurring most often when you have a browser running (IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc.). Does it happen when you look at a video? Software grows with technology. Flash and Shockwave have become very taxing of resources.

I have had good luck with CCleaner which was mentioned in a previous reply. It may and may not help much. But run it anyway. I was first introduced to CCleaner through my hosting service for my website.

You can see what is consuming your resources in taskmanager. You knoww... rt click on the taskbar, select taskmanager, click processes tab, sort on cpu. You will likely see something relatede to the browser you are using. You can end that particular process and the usage will drop. It won't fix the problem, but you will know where to start looking. it'll start back the next time.

I have fought this issue. My PC is 2004 1.5g ram Amd Turion 64 mobile. So I am quite familiar with the whole dilemma. I did a complete redo of everything and have decided that modern computer technology has just up and run away and my pc just can't keep up. I have decided to budget for a new one.:080402gudl_prv:

welcome Yamagirl if your not normal then you will fit in nicely skid im going through this with my pc its only a year old and i just loaded cc cleaner on it and ran the scan had a lot of trash on it but i run fire ,chrome , and IE. IE and fire fox was the main problem loaded with cookies and needed a defrag something bad ran cc and the defrag now it runs so much faster been running it on the laptop (primary computer) for last 8 months without a problem but im about to change all my hard drives out for solid state and use the disc hard drives as back-up drives although that will not stop these problems from recurring it will help to run faster smother and better lets see thats 4 laptops and 2 pc 3rd pc is a dinosauruse type thingie its an 92 on xp no upgrade for it makes giving history lessons easy with it around :rotf::rotf:

Hey Skid,

I use AVG for my virus protection. They have a product called, "PC Tune Up" that is also an excellent product. If you go to the AVG web site, you can try PC Tune Up once for free. With the free trial, you will need to select and run the several options for computer speed up, (the paid version does this automatically) and it really sped up my computer. I actually purchased the product after using the free trial, but you don't need to do that. If you are not a computer "nerd", this is the way to go in my opinion. :thumbsup2:

Earl

:15_9_28[1]:

welcome Yamagirl if your not normal then you will fit in nicely skid im going through this with my pc its only a year old and i just loaded cc cleaner on it and ran the scan had a lot of trash on it but i run fire ,chrome , and IE. IE and fire fox was the main problem loaded with cookies and needed a defrag something bad ran cc and the defrag now it runs so much faster been running it on the laptop (primary computer) for last 8 months without a problem but im about to change all my hard drives out for solid state and use the disc hard drives as back-up drives although that will not stop these problems from recurring it will help to run faster smother and better lets see thats 4 laptops and 2 pc 3rd pc is a dinosauruse type thingie its an 92 on xp no upgrade for it makes giving history lessons easy with it around :rotf::rotf:

I just bought this 84 venture and I think I am going to LOVE it!