IGNORED

Stebel Slow to honk

djh3

I was tooling down the road the other day and the vulchures were having lunch in the middle of the road. I though I would give a toot so they might dispirse BEFORE I got there. My stebel sort of made this squeaky sound and after maybe 3-5 seconds it finnaly started to sound like it use to. I tried it again a couple times today and same sort of deal. Any ideas? Do I maybe need a small shot of WD 40 in the intake of the horn so the compressor picks it up? I hate to think I'm gonna have to replace it.

Well pulled the horn off a little while ago. Hooked straight to battery and the motor part of it sounds grindy. I can tell you it does not have the small port that a few were talking about as an air intake like the Bad Boy horns have. There is a moulded tunnel looking piece instead. I pryed the plastic away a little from the intake port and gave it a shot of WD40. Put it back on the bike and I think maybe it works a little better. Dont figure I could hurt it. Sucks when you go to use it and it dont work. I guess if it craps completly I'll replace with the Bad Boy as they are $20 or more cheaper. Thanks for the ideas guys.