IGNORED

For those with Sat radio on your bike

Tnventurer

I ran mine through the Fairing then back under the windshield...I used double stick tape used for emblems to tape it to the top of the dash just under the windshield, so far it is a clean install and has had no issues with signal strength being behind the windshield. I do not have any Pics but could try to get some if you need them.

These Ideas are great! .My only concern about the running under the fairing is the movement of the wire. Could the back and forth motion weaken the insulation , And what did ya do with all the extra wire length?...Thanks agian....Fred

Not exactly sure of the site, maybe something like Mysateliteradio.com, found it with a google search for 12 inch XM antenna, The site has a bunch of different lengths of antennas. I'll try to remember to add the link from home later this evening or early in the morning. I have purchased various things from them, all with good results. Prior to that I just coiled up behind the mount and secured it with velcro.

This is the kit I used to mount mine. Comes with everything to get rid of the lighter plug so you dont need to make it look crappy. Also use a splitter in the fairing to connect the aux and its very clean.

http://www.tss-radio.com/professional-motorcycle-install-kit-sirpmk1-p-4430.html

For installed pix go to my gallery. Mounts infront of the clutch master nice and low and neat

I ran mine through the Fairing then back under the windshield...I used double stick tape used for emblems to tape it to the top of the dash just under the windshield, so far it is a clean install and has had no issues with signal strength being behind the windshield. I do not have any Pics but could try to get some if you need them.

DITO:::::: I just installed mine last week end and did it just like Firewalker did his....the presure on the wire did not feel that tight, if it breakes then I will get another and run it to a diferent place. but it does look clean on the dash..

I installed my satt radio antenna on the chrome trim I have around my mirrors, but my mirrors are mounted to the fairing. The radio I installed on the ignition cover and the spare wire I tucked inside the fairing. I also installed a fm modulator for better reception. The cover I made from some clear plastic I bought at wal-mart and glued it together.

I mounted mine right on top of the dashboard also with 2 sided sticky.

Ran the wire under the dash and came out under the window , no trouble yet with insultaion abrasion the extra wire is rolled and tied up under the dash behind the head unit thats also under the dash

pardon the dusty dash I just got in off the road tonight.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/MikeM8560/Venture%20XVZ12/th_100_0904.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/MikeM8560/Venture%20XVZ12/th_mvc_760s_461-1.jpg