IGNORED

How to Marshall a Jet

Freebird

Got this by email. Have no idea about how valid it may be but was kind of fun to watch. :)

The footage first shows ground crew from America, Spain, Germany, Italy and Holland conventionally directing aircraft. As the music changes to YMCA, the 21-year-old Brit makes his impressive entrance.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leacw8H8Lrk]YouTube - How to marshall a Jet full version[/ame]

The video was made by RAF staff and has raised over £1,000 for Cancer Research UK.

Mark Coote, director of community fundraising at Cancer Research UK, said: "By raising much valued funds for Cancer Research UK, Dean also appears to have raised many a smile from the cockpit of the RAF jet fighters he helps take off and land. We salute him for his imaginative fundraising dance moves and for his efforts in helping us in our bid to beat cancer."

pretty fancy footwork, for a charity event. certainly NOT done" according to REGS."

i have spent Many hours "directing aircraft", and i assure you, "by the book" was all that is tolerated.

his kind of antics, would give him a life expectancy of less than 12 seconds on a flight deck.

still , i enjoyed watching, and seeing that MOST every country, agrees on the proper way to marshal out a bird!

just jt

hipshot, you're wrong on the life expectancy, more like 6 secs. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt on the U.S.S. Wasp CVS-18, '68/'71 VS-28.

Don H.

cut me some slack, don! i figured the first "jockey", would watch out for him.

it would be the second one that washed him over the side!

just jt

hay , i did the last north atlantic with you , HS-7 , i was a l.s.e. for a helo squadron and been yell at by the air boss many , many times for playing around , brought in a helo on the fantail of the Sinking Sara , air taxied it to the waist cat than launched it , told the air boss the flight deck was dirty and i cleaned it off , he was not happy , many a air boss knew me by my first and last name :rotfl::rotfl:, that brit. at the last of the video launched the hole flight line and no bent wings , pretty good!!!

:thumbsup:

hipshot, you're wrong on the life expectancy, more like 6 secs. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt on the U.S.S. Wasp CVS-18, '68/'71 VS-28.

Don H.

i know my rear would of been handed to me for doing that

hay , i did the last north atlantic with you , HS-7 , i was a l.s.e. for a helo squadron and been yell at by the air boss many , many times for playing around , brought in a helo on the fantail of the Sinking Sara , air taxied it to the waist cat than launched it , told the air boss the flight deck was dirty and i cleaned it off , he was not happy , many a air boss knew me by my first and last name :rotfl::rotfl:, that brit. at the last of the video launched the hole flight line and no bent wings , pretty good!!!

:thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Spent a week with some Brit sailors in Puerto Rico on their way back from the Falkland Island war. What a crazy bunch of guys they were, and drinkers too. We had a blast, but they were a little bit too touchy feely for us Marines. They don't get embarrassed by too much. Two of them sang Old McDonald and had us in stitches from the animation they were doing to the song. They put condoms on all of the pitot-static tubes and flight sticks on our Harriers.