IGNORED

Radail in front / bais in rear

adventurer 08

Just got my RSV back from the shop where they did some front end work,i now have a Avon cobra in the front and a Avon Venom on the rear. The dealer said the bike should run ok with that combo, it drove home ok. Has anybody ran a radail in the front and a bais in the rear? They will put on a Venom if i want one.:confused24:

Just got my RSV back from the shop where they did some front end work,i now have a Avon cobra in the front and a Avon Venom on the rear. The dealer said the bike should run ok with that combo, it drove home ok. Has anybody ran a radail in the front and a bais in the rear? They will put on a Venom if i want one.:confused24:

I think you meant it now has a Radial on the front, and a Bias on the rear.

Personally, I would never do that, and I do all my own tire work, install, mount, balance, etc. However...I would love to hear from others, if they have any experience in running a Radial tire on one end of the bike, and a Bias Belt tire on the other end of the bike.

I still would not do it, but I am open to others opinions.

Miles

When I got my Dr650 it was set up that way with Metzeler Tourances. Handled great. When they wore out I didn't want to spend that kind of money so I replaced them with Kenda bias tires. It is so light compared to the Venture I don't worry about keeping the best on like I do with the Venture.

I've never mixed a bias with a radial. I just always kind of figured that our bikes were engineered to run with the bias tires. I do remember somebody posting here though that Yamaha actually sells one of their bikes with a radial on the front and a bias on the rear. I don't remember now which bike it was though. I guess I would be OK with it if the weight capacity and etc. was adequate.

OK...I found the bike that I was thinking of but the scenario is opposite. It has a bias tire on the front and a radial on the rear.

It is the Yamaha Raider. There may be others too but this is the one that I had in mind. This is from the Yamaha website.

"Custom 5-spoke wheels carry a 120/70-21-inch bias tire up front, and a wide, 210/40-18 radial out back—the tallest and widest ever on a Star."