IGNORED

VentureRider.org flags

XV1100SE

How many flags would you like to order?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. How many flags would you like to order?

• 0 - none
    • 1 - one flag
    • 2 - two flags
    • 3 - three flags
    • 4 - four or more flags

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, I don't think I'm going to get involved with the mounts. You will need to order those separately.

I had emailed Rumbling Pride regarding the 20% discount on the mounts and asked whether or not it was based on a bulk order or if our members could order individually. I haven't received a reply on this so sent the question again. As soon as I get an answer I'll post here.

Agreed... Don is not a store and with different options available for mounts he shouldn't be trying to order the mounts too.

I'm good for one.

Nice work.

I have asked Rumbling Pride if the 20% discount on masts would be available to members who order directly from Rumbling Pride or if it is based on a bulk order. Ideally members would order their own masts. I will update this thread once I get a response from them.

We need to have enough orders so that Don can order 100 flags and NOT have to sit on an inventory flags. If anyone else wants a flag, post now so that we get enough to order.

Just responded to the poll. I would like to purchase one of these good looking flags.

Put me in for one.

Do they make a mount to use the FM and CB brackets or would that affect recption?

Don't like the idea of attaching to luggage rack as its attached to the ABS lid.... Or... how many years have you been using the luggge rack mounts?

Any suggestions?

Edited by CaptainJoe

Put me in for one.

Do they make a mount to use the FM and CB brackets or would that affect recption?

Don't like the idea of attaching to luggage rack as its attached to the ABS lid.... Or... how many years have you been using the luggge rack mounts?

Any suggestions?

If you don't have the trunk rack, do you have the saddle bag rails? Trunk rack is 1/2" (I believe) and saddle back rails are 3/4" (for sure).

For other options besides the mounts offered by Rumbling Pride (see links in previous posts) you coule look at Kuryakyn plus there are others available.

XV1100SE:"If you don't have the trunk rack, do you have the saddle bag rails? Trunk rack is 1/2" (I believe) and saddle back rails are 3/4" (for sure). "

I have the OEM Yamaha trunk rack... If I could get someone to say this wont hurt my trunk I'd get the combo kit that includes two American flags for free...:whistling: Would actually perfer them flying at that height.

I have the OEM Yamaha trunk rack... If I could get someone to say this wont hurt my trunk I'd get the combo kit that includes two American flags for free...:whistling: Would actually perfer them flying at that height.

I've seen a number of dual flags hung off the trunk rack... no issue.

FYI for Canadians.... Government etiquette for displaying flags (must have been a Parliamentary Committee).... http://www.pch.gc.ca/pgm/ceem-cced/etiqtt/101-eng.cfm

Sharing the same base - three flags :

When only three flags are displayed, the National Flag should be at the centre. To an observer facing the display, the second-ranking flag (in order of
precedence
) is placed to the left of centre, and the other to the right.

A common combination of flags is that of the National Flag of Canada with a provincial or territorial flag, and a municipal flag or an organization's banner. In such a case, the National Flag should be in the centre with the provincial/territorial flag to the left and the municipal flag/organization's banner to the right (to an observer facing the display).

Position of Honour :

Due consideration should be given to flag etiquette and precedence whenever the National Flag of Canada or other sovereign national flags or provincial/territorial flags are displayed.

The location of the position of honour depends on the number of flags flown and the chosen configuration. When two flags (or more than three flags) are displayed, the position of honour is furthest to the left (to an observer facing the display). When three flags are flown, the position of honour is in the centre (see "
Sharing the same base - Three flags
")

Precedence :

The order of precedence for flags is:

1. The National Flag of Canada[1]
  2. The flags of other sovereign nations in alphabetical order (if applicable)[2]
  3. The flags of the provinces of Canada (in the order in which they joined Confederation)
  4. The flags of the territories of Canada (in the order in which they joined Confederation)
  5. The flags of municipalities/cities
  6. Banners of organizations
  7. Historical Flags[3]

With flags of other Sovereign Nations :

The National Flag of Canada, when flown or paraded, takes precedence over all other national flags. When flown with the flags of other sovereign nations, all flags should be flown on separate flagpoles/masts and at the same height, all being of the same size, with the National Flag of Canada occupying the
position of honour

The National Flag should be raised first and lowered last, unless the number of flags permits their being raised and lowered simultaneously.

With the flag of one other nation, the
National Flag of Canada should be on the left
of the observer facing the flags; both should be at the same height

Pretty sure this differs from American etiquette in that the U.S. flag should always be on the right. Not being political... but that put Canada left of centre??

US etiquette : http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/more/displayonly.htm

http://www.almanac.com/content/american-flag-guidelines - "No other flag should be placed above the flag of the United States or, if on the same level, to its right"

So... if Canadian flag on left and U.S. on right.... is that looking at the bike from the front or the rear??

OK folks. I'm going to start taking orders for these. Remember, I won't place the order until I have close to the amount needed to cover the cost so delivery time will depend upon how soon folks get their orders in.

You can PayPal the funds to me at dnelson@venturerider.org Please make sure to mark the payment as "Personal". Also, please include your address and your username here so that I know I have them correct.

The cost will be $11.00 per flag. That will cover mailing supplies and postage. I will include our Canadian members in that price also. Postage will be a bit more but I think it will be OK.

So, please get your orders in ASAP.

Thanks,

Don

Rumbling Pride has responded regarding their offer of a 20% discount on mounts. They WILL provide a discount code so that members can order mounts directly from them and receive the 20% discount.

I will post as soon as I get the code from them.

Good timing guys. I just added a second antennae mount a while bw0ack so I had somewhere to mount a flag. I just picked up a new leather vest the other day as well, so I'll also be getting some VR.org patches for it as well. Thanks to all you guy who put so much effort into this site and for doing all the things you do for so many of us. There aren't that many people left that are so willing to do so much for people they know so little or even not at all.

GROUP HUG!:bighug:

Oh, I'll be taking two flags. One for my Peeps down the road.

thanks again,

Bill