Please note that somebody is trying to scam possible buyers in regards to the Guardian Bell auctions being held for Cliff. Here is the message being emailed.

I want to sell this item as BUY IT NOW so please contact me right now with your Best Price so we can clear this deal today.

Nice doing business with you!

bcontacter@aol.com is the name being used.

If you get such a message that appears to come from Ebay, it is a SCAM. I am NOT sending out any such messages.

Thanks

Guest KitCarson

It takes a certain kind of person to do something like that.....I am sure that they have read what the auction is for........if anyone finds this yahoo.....and needs some help.....I have a few skills that might make him fit in one of these bells...........

Guest FFMCPres

Yes, eBay and AOL were both contacted. I was the one that got this "offer" last night. I'm sure I violated AOL's TOS agreement with the flaming response I sent...probably blew a hole in the dirtball's monitor...but I mostly use MSN so let'em shut me down!

Please note that somebody is trying to scam possible buyers in regards to the Guardian Bell auctions being held for Cliff. Here is the message being emailed.

I want to sell this item as BUY IT NOW so please contact me right now with your Best Price so we can clear this deal today.

Nice doing business with you!

bcontacter@aol.com is the name being used.

If you get such a message that appears to come from Ebay, it is a SCAM. I am NOT sending out any such messages.

Thanks

I take it you have notified Ebay,, and you should file a complaint here

http://www.ic3.gov/

Guest FFMCPres

Guys and gals...I got it again. Now some idiot named zaru66@gmail.com has offered to sell me the bells. He/She/It sent me 5 different emails for each of them. I sent an email off to eBay (5 of them actually, one for each attempt at thievery) and thought I should tell you here too. Again, one of my customary vitriolic replies was dispatched to this clown...and here for your viewing displeasure is the solicitation I got:

Dear ffmcpres, I am very sorry for disturbing you ! I am the eBay seller of Item number: 300191678128. I need to sell it because the winning bidder was unable to purchase it. Just reply at this message with your best offer if you are still interested to buy it or contact me at zaru66@gmail.com Thank you !

People, please be careful "responding" to these types of email. I, personally, responded to one of those fake Venture ads, just for fun, once and ended up having my account hijacked (used my account for fake selling) and closed until I called ebay and straightened things out.

Best thing to do is just ignore the response and send all pertinent information to ebay.

Just my :2cents:

Guest KitCarson

You can catch these people....my youngest son is a computer genius. He is in the doctorate stage in college in computer science. Some days I will turn on my computer and on the screen will be a kangaroo hopping around and my computer will not work at all.....I know instantly who to blame!! He usually makes me figure it out too!!........Anyway you know those guys that send you these emails that you would not think people would fall for, like I have millions of dollars and have no next of kin,,,,,,I just need you to represent me, and will give you all this money........that kind of thing"? Anyway I kept getting email from this one source, figured it would be in another country, but this one made a mistake, lived in Conneticutt. With the help of my son and a local FBI agent we got him!! I would think that this is the same guy.......using different emails and just playing with you........they do things like that.....if it happens again......let us know.........I pretty much figure Jason can trace it right to his front door.

Hey Kit!

If he could be tracked down to a ground address it would be great! We could all send a letter to him via snail-mail letting him know we know where he lives and how much we appreciate what he is doing. That might get him off our backs!

Just a Thought,

Kenw:backinmyday:

Hello,

Thank you for writing to eBay regarding the email you received.

The email you reported didn't come from eBay.

Emails like this one are fakes, commonly referred to as "spoof"

messages. They're sent in an attempt to collect your personal or

financial information.

***Important***

*Never* reply to a spoof email or click on any links in the message.

If you ever receive an email that looks like it's from eBay about a

problem with your account or requesting personal information, check My

Messages first. If the email is genuine, a copy will also be found in My

Messages. You can also forward the email to spoof@ebay.com and we'll

investigate. Don't respond to the spoof email, or click any of the links

in the message. Please don't remove the original subject line or change

the email in any way.

Guest KitCarson
Hey Kit!

If he could be tracked down to a ground address it would be great! We could all send a letter to him via snail-mail letting him know we know where he lives and how much we appreciate what he is doing. That might get him off our backs!

Just a Thought,

Kenw:backinmyday:

Naw......you just find the area he is in.....then go there and triangulate his residence.. or have the FBI do it.....this is a Federal Crime ......but the fun part is to just walk up to the guy , smile......talk to him.....smile again.....and oh by the way this guy with me is with the FBI......he has something for you.........they might should leave me in the car, I would be having way too much fun!!:bighug: