IGNORED

I NEED my head examined!

reddevilmedic

another bright idea from someone who still thinks hes 20 years old. ME! just bought her. 1989 Honda CR500R!. runs like a crazy beast! this oughtta be interesting. 29.96 cu in, 69 HP @ 8500 rpms. 2 stroke!

Well, when you run it into a tree out in the woods and it busts your head wide open, make sure they examine your head real good.:whistling:

RandyA

Use some common sense while riding it and you will have tons of fun, use some poor judgement and it will kick your a$$!! A couple friends of mine back in the early nineties had a very similar bike. They enlisted another friend who raced dirtbikes to "soup" it up for them. It was properly named the crippler. More than a few " ten foot tall and bulletproof " fellas got knocked down to size in a hurry by that monster. But several others including myself had a lot of fun on it simply by using good judgement and respecting the machine. Makes me wish I lived a little closer to ya.:sign green with env Have fun and be safe. Ray

That's a lot of bike! I remember when we brought home a little Yamaha YZ 80 wa-a-a-ay back in about 1984. It was for my younger son who was about 11 at the time. It was used and I figured I should take it for a test ride up the street. It was pretty mild, not very torquey even for an 80 cc bike, even in 1st gear. THEN IT HIT THE POWER BAND UP IN THE HIGHER REVS and the next thing I knew I had the front wheel laughing at me about 3 feet off the pavement! Both of the boys cracked up laughing at me because they were used to two strokes and had an idea what was going to happen.:bikersmilie:

So be careful out there, those things can be wicked.

update....not dead! everything still works...took it easy for the first ride. its fiesty! it will come out from under you QUICK! heck of a ride for sure. im lovin it! damn hard to start though...once it warms up..no problem,, but cold start? whew! broke a sweat. so...PO had top end done in March, bored 30 over, changed sprokets, added a kill switch, race tech springs, new seat cover, bars, grips. i paid $1000.00. hope i did good. oh yeah, thought you might want to know, seat height is 38.2 inches! 223.7lbs dry, has aftermarket 3.8 gal tank.

Is your insurance paid up? After I quit racing them things in the 70's I rode a few in late 70's. I started calling them "hurt bikes" instead of dirt bikes. It seemed I couldnt hardly ride one without some sort of Boo Boo. Have fun be careful