IGNORED

Berryman's B12 vs SeaFoam?

JohnMidnight

I dont have hard core facts, but I have used B12 Chemtool for many years with good results. Seafoam works good, but when they tripled the price of it, I decided that I would go back to B12. It's not like you are using either of them every fill up, once every couple of months for good measure and if your having issues....

:2cents:

+1 on the price hike. I discovered the B-12 at wally world was something like $3 a can vs almost $10. So I have been using the B-12. Reading the directions (yea I know perrish the thought) the only big difference I can see is Sea Foam is OK for diesel and the B-12 says specificly dont use on deisel. 6oz of either per tank every 4-5 weeks I think is OK. Anybody ever put a shot of marvel mystery oil in? Other than over winter storage?

IMHO, Berryman's B-12 is a stronger solvent than Sea-Foam. Do I know this for a fact? Nope, but in my highly unscientific uses, B-12 has achieved the same results as Sea-Foam with less B-12 used. Plus, B-12 is about 1/3 the price of Sea-Foam. Just my opinion, YMMV.:whistling:

I too stopped buying seafoam unless i run into an issue I may pick up a can. I may also try Berrymans but only if I was going to burn the tank and fill it back up, as I do not think I would like to have the fuel sit in the carbs.

I also like Lucas products not cheap either.

Brad

Just curious, because more or less B12 is a Chemical based fuel treatment, vs SeaFoam a petro based fuel treatment.... 7.99 for SeaFoam here, 4.99 for B12.

I will point out, SeaFOam DID save these carbs bacon. :) and B12 seems to be causing a high idle.

Berryman's B12 is safe for your carbs and has been a recommended carb cleaner for Venture carbs since the 80's.There was a write up on how to use the aerosol version along with some in the tank to clean gunked up carbs without removing them. It was in the Bench Wrench section of the old Venture Roads the house magazine of the Venture Touring Society which was semi sponsored by Yamaha at the time.The Motorcycle Touring Society I think still has these in their archives.I use the liquid and the aerosol both when I have a hard cleanup job to do.I have run the liquid thru the carbs on several occasions on both 1st and 2nd gen bikes with great success.From my experience I get faster results from the B12