IGNORED

It's 3:02PM and we're home from KK in Nelson!

SilvrT

Well ... it was a soggy and cold final day ride home but we made it!

Ran into Sailor when we pulled into Hope for gas and apparently we had a nicer ride than he did ... we didn't get hail LOL!

Hope everyone else made it home safe!

More to come later as Nina puts together a "commentary" and we get some pics uploaded.

All in all tho, it was a great time. Now the planning starts for next year.

Well ... it was a soggy and cold final day ride home but we made it!

Ran into Sailor when we pulled into Hope for gas and apparently we had a nicer ride than he did ... we didn't get hail LOL!

Hope everyone else made it home safe!

More to come later as Nina puts together a "commentary" and we get some pics uploaded.

All in all tho, it was a great time. Now the planning starts for next year.

It was a mostly dry ride yesterday, with the exception of Hope - Chilliwack & getting off the ferry last night.

There was also Chilliwack - Abbotsford traffic grid lock as well, causing a 2 hour delay.So the scoot & I got a ride for the last 50 Km from Victoria on a tilt deck truck (fading headlight from the stator problem & lots of rain). Put the battery on the charger today & it was greater than 60% discharged.

It was a mostly dry ride yesterday, with the exception of Hope - Chilliwack & getting off the ferry last night.

There was also Chilliwack - Abbotsford traffic grid lock as well, causing a 2 hour delay.So the scoot & I got a ride for the last 50 Km from Victoria on a tilt deck truck (fading headlight from the stator problem & lots of rain). Put the battery on the charger today & it was greater than 60% discharged.

What's wrong with this picture???

All that work you did replacing stators on everyone elses bikes in Cody and now yours craps out.

Bring the bike to the Pork in the Pines and we can find someone to work on it for you.... :rotfl: :duck:

:mytruck1:

glad you are home safe... bikes can be repaired..... we had a crappy weather weekend here on the coast so glad it was not too bad for you guys

Kerry offered me his scoot, so "I could get wet too"..... He seems to forget, I have good rain gear, that keeps me dry.

What's wrong with this picture???

All that work you did replacing stators on everyone elses bikes in Cody and now yours craps out.

Bring the bike to the Pork in the Pines and we can find someone to work on it for you.... :rotfl: :duck:

I should have the stator next week, as I did not need the overnight delivery (like the Cody meet). Not sure if we will be going that far East, on this years trip. But will be hitting Cody again, as ts still more to see there & Grump wants to go to Granny's resturant again.

I rode north to Kaslo and New Denver. Had a close encounter of the bear kind just outside Balfour. Rain started pounding down at New Denver and continued all the way back to Nelson. The guys who went south had decent weather. Next day I went to Balfour and across the lake and down to Creston. It started to rain at Creston and was pounding down through the pass and all the way back to Nelson. The guys who went north had not too bad weather. Next day I took a short ride and had pounding rain on the way back. When I left Nelson, a day after everyone else, I hit heavy rain just outside Nelson, then hail. It rained hard all the way to Grand Forks where I hit rain, hail, high wind, thunder and lightening. I don't like gassing up in a lightening storm. Rain all the way to Osyoos where, once again, I hit hail. At one point I was down to second gear. Rained nearly all the way to Hope where it finally stopped. No rain until I was 2k from the ferry terminal where it poured down. I missed the three o'clock ferry by five minutes so had to wait two hours to get home. Get to Saltspring and the sun is finally shining.

I rode north to Kaslo and New Denver. Had a close encounter of the bear kind just outside Balfour. Rain started pounding down at New Denver and continued all the way back to Nelson. The guys who went south had decent weather. Next day I went to Balfour and across the lake and down to Creston. It started to rain at Creston and was pounding down through the pass and all the way back to Nelson. The guys who went north had not too bad weather. Next day I took a short ride and had pounding rain on the way back. When I left Nelson, a day after everyone else, I hit heavy rain just outside Nelson, then hail. It rained hard all the way to Grand Forks where I hit rain, hail, high wind, thunder and lightening. I don't like gassing up in a lightening storm. Rain all the way to Osyoos where, once again, I hit hail. At one point I was down to second gear. Rained nearly all the way to Hope where it finally stopped. No rain until I was 2k from the ferry terminal where it poured down. I missed the three o'clock ferry by five minutes so had to wait two hours to get home. Get to Saltspring and the sun is finally shining.

... so sayeth the "RainMan" :stickpoke:

Well, it sounds like you really got the WORST of it although I don't think anyone escaped the rain completely.

Considering changing the rally date to maybe end of July....

GEEz, Russ can you change his name to SchlepRock? It sounds like he has that cloud and rain following Kerry everywhere. Remind me not to ride with him on any rides.

Brian