IGNORED

Lower Fairing Air Vents

nelsontoddpa

Guest Deek901
Has anyone here tried these on a RSV or seen them in person and have an opinion whether they would be worth a try or not?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbook/23/287/3871795

Todd

I see another member has said he has the Yamaha version and likes them. I find they don't do a lot, but they are better than nothing. IMO they might help about 10%. I got so hot this past summer in Memphis that I went out and bought a "summer bike", a Suzuki V-Strom! Much cooler ride, but I have to admit she ain't no Venture!

I love my RSV to pieces, but when it gets over 95° I just didn't enjoy riding it anymore. Now that the cooler weather is here we're both happy!

I had the Yamaha Vent wings on my 06 and found them very useful. Being in southern Mississippi NOTHING helps to keep you cool on a Venture in the summer but these do direct air to your feet and lower legs. On the ride in WV last October I found that they really helped when closed to block the cold air. And to me they look a lot nicer than the other vent wings available.

The RSV has a lot of wiring and relays inside the lowers. I don't think these will work.

Buddy is right, a lot of electronics are in the lowers and you wouldn't get any airflow through them so to speak.

Peg I dont know if you have these deflecters, but I know many have them on the G2 and are very happy with both their cooling and heat retention respectively.

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/4/83/408/all/1/4607/0/detail.aspx

I see another member has said he has the Yamaha version and likes them. I find they don't do a lot, but they are better than nothing. IMO they might help about 10%. I got so hot this past summer in Memphis

I'm sure the 98% humidity doesn't help either!!

This sounds like a good idea to add to our RSV. Has anybody got a photo of theirs, that they added on already to see how it looks.

I know how hot are bike gets in the summer, maybe this would help.

Peggy:225:

Not good pics buthere is a pic of mine.. Tom

Tom, your vents look clear. The only ones I've seen listed in Yamaha catalogs are tinted. Where did you find the clear ones?

By the way, do you have a whole garage just for your Venture?

They are tinted..I think my flash makes it appear more clear. I love the vents,in the winter I can ride with tennis shoes on and my feet are warm IF I keep them closed..In the summer I open them all the way and it really creates a nice breeze thru to the driver and my wife says she can feel it also..My Garage is 28Ftwide and 24ft deep ,my wife makes me keep it to the outer part..I noticed it does make my garage not look so cluttered.Keep thinking that way!

Hi!! A new guy here. Been lurking for a few months, but this is my first post. Is there room for both highway pegs and the Yamaha vent wings?? Or do they get in each others way? Tom's picture looks like both are there, but couldn't tell for sure how it worked out.

We got an '06 Venture in mid-Sept, so didn't get a lot of riding in this fall, but got out enough warm days to know that getting the feet out from behind the lowers on highway pegs, or having the vents looked like a good idea. Didn't know if I could do both, so opted for pegs, so I can stretch the legs too. Thanks for the great site, many nice folks who love to help out with answers and opinions. Larry

I had the vents before the pegs. When I put the pegs on below the vents I couldn't adjust the pegs for me. So what I did was put some masking tape on the bottom of the vents and cut the bottom off and inch or so, so that I could get the right adjsustment for my pegs and the vent still turn in and out and still be functional. Looking at them you couldn't even tell I cut them.

Hi!! A new guy here. Been lurking for a few months, but this is my first post. Is there room for both highway pegs and the Yamaha vent wings?? Or do they get in each others way? Tom's picture looks like both are there, but couldn't tell for sure how it worked out.

We got an '06 Venture in mid-Sept, so didn't get a lot of riding in this fall, but got out enough warm days to know that getting the feet out from behind the lowers on highway pegs, or having the vents looked like a good idea. Didn't know if I could do both, so opted for pegs, so I can stretch the legs too. Thanks for the great site, many nice folks who love to help out with answers and opinions. Larry

Krispy,Yes I have them both..they are tight the way I have them located but I can open them all the way and close them so No problem. If you live in the south worth investing in a set..Seattle yamaha has them at 25% off..I have the website if you need it as that isnt their exact name. Here is the link http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/

Krispy Here are better pics so you can see the pegs and lower vents together..Hope it helps.

Thanks Tom.

I appreciate the extra pictures. Your pegs look like mine, only I think mine are mounted to the front. (I'd go look but the bike is in the shed across the yard, and it's 10 below here, and heading down.) That might cause a bit of interference, but I could trim the bottom if it's a problem. I've added the vents to my wish list for this winter's upgrades. We'll see if they actually get bought and installed or not later. Larry

They are tinted..I think my flash makes it appear more clear. I love the vents,in the winter I can ride with tennis shoes on and my feet are warm IF I keep them closed..In the summer I open them all the way and it really creates a nice breeze thru to the driver and my wife says she can feel it also

Thanks for the reply, Tom. I will be getting a set of those. I'm not as concerned about keeping warm as I am about getting some cooling during those summer Texas rides.

I have the same setup as Tom. Deflecters and Kuryakyn offset ISO pegs. The pegs were no problem with the deflecters, just had to put the clamp just below the deflecter, but okay.

Bigger problem I had (shorter legs I guess) was that my pegs are towards rear and up. Took a few tries to get it where my left foot was not wedging. But just Fine now.

Mike G in SC