Just bought our first Venture. It is a 2004 Midnight.

It still has the original studded seat.

My wife is only 5' 2'' tall. The back rest is really uncomfortable for her. Any suggestions on padding for the area between the passenger seat and the backrest??

Sounds like she may need a little more cushion down below the stock pax backrest. Short of buying a new saddle that may, or may not, solve the problem in one step, you could look around and find some small cushion to stick into that space. If she only rides occasionally, that would be the better solution. But if she rides every time you ride, then something more definitive would be called for.

There are many saddle options for this bike, some of which also replace the pax backrest.

I would suggest, since the bike is new to you, that she try to live with it while you two shop around for a cushion that fits and works. Oftentimes all that is needed is some get-used-to-it time.

I don't think this trunk is adjustable. Maybe there is some wallow room where it mounts, but it wouldn't be much.

Guest tx2sturgis

Before you spend any money or make any seat mods, try something first.

TEMPORARILY attach two small blocks of wood or something similar to the passenger footboards. Use tape, or zipties. Two pieces of 2x4 should work.

Take her for a ride, and see if she is more comfortable this way.

If you find that all she really needs is higher footboards, there are products on the market that will make this a pretty easy mod.

If she still isnt happy, then it hasnt cost you anything but your time.

I don't think this trunk is adjustable. Maybe there is some wallow room where it mounts, but it wouldn't be much.

the trunk can be moved back just about 1'' if i remember right. also rick butler ( one of our members up in north texas) does a very good seat mod to both of the seats. but unless he has a spare seat of each, you have to send him your seats to have the mod done. but he usually has a fast turn around time. send him a pm.

reguards

don c.