IGNORED

Setting 1st Gen Forks to ZERO air pressure ?

After putting in some air into the front forks then when letting out the air, the front air pressure won't go below 7 lbs. Thats on the center stand with the front wheel off the ground.

I put the sw to Front, Manuel, Then press the decrease button. The air is let out and the pressure comes down but then stops at 7 lbs.

How does one get it down to below 7 lbs.

The only way I have found to do that is to open up the line gong from one shock to the other and letting it bleed out that way. Use a 12mm wrench on the left side shock, with the steering cranked over to the left a bit, I have found that you can just get at it without removing half the faring. Do the left side because it has the swivel joint in it.

After putting in some air into the front forks then when letting out the air, the front air pressure won't go below 7 lbs. Thats on the center stand with the front wheel off the ground.

I put the sw to Front, Manuel, Then press the decrease button. The air is let out and the pressure comes down but then stops at 7 lbs.

How does one get it down to below 7 lbs.

Are you trying to take it to zero psi because you installed Progressives? Just curious. :detective:

B.

Are you trying to take it to zero psi because you installed Progressives? Just curious. :detective:

B.

Yes, on the Progressive. Initially after the progressive I did not put any air in so it would have been Zero. I did not like the ride at Zero So I pressed Low an Auto and it put 11 lbs in and I did not like that eithor. So I let as much as I could out and so remained at 7 lbs. I liked it a bit better. So now I would like to get it down to 5 lbs then maybe 3 lbs.