IGNORED

How Many Different Colors of 1st Gen?

That list is American, we have a few nicer colours up here. :rotf:

Like this one

Brad

Or like Rockets 83 Calico Venture a couple of years ago before the silver paint.......I forget how many different colours he had on his scoot for awhile. I remember gold/yellow, brown, and blue all at the same time...but there may have been more.:think:

Brian

Or like Rockets 83 Calico Venture a couple of years ago before the silver paint.......I forget how many different colours he had on his scoot for awhile. I remember gold/yellow, brown, and blue all at the same time...but there may have been more.:think:

Brian

The pics above are a stock colour from 86. This was a standard version that came without CB, radio or the "Class" system.

Brad

Brad,

That color was called "Midnight Silver" (I know, I know, it's more blue than silver. Yamaha did the same with the '87 "Orion Silver/Aurora Silver". It's blue to almost everyone.) And "Midnight Silver" was apparently only available on a 1986 Standard in Canada.

Squid,

That 1991 Tuxedo is my favorite as well. Yamaha called it "New Blue Black" (primary) over "Bluish Black" (Secondary).

I know that the 83 MkI came in a Dark Ruby Red and a Black for the standards and aFrench Vanilla/Sierra Gold for the VR.There may have been other US colors but thats all I've seen for 83. In 84 the was a tutone blue( lighter then the later Mkll blues) on the standard and a tutone red on the VRs.I had an 86 VR in Formal Brown/Birch,an87 VR 5th Anniversary Edition in French Vanilla/Sierra Gold, and an 88 VR in White/Gray. I have seen in originals colors a Mkll tutone red,tutone blue,the tuxedo edition,a tutone silver and a solid red.I think I remember an 85 in a Root Beer color with something els but I don't remember what.The tutone red and tutone blue seemed to cycle back and forth the last few years. I really like my anniversary 87, tho I would also like a blue 84.

BTW the yamaha name for the 08 RSV S color is Dark Bluish Gray Matallic. I had one of those to but wrecked it. :(

Edited by Pegasus1300