IGNORED

PDF Question

wes0778

I have the RSV Owner's manual in PDF format. Not sure where I got it, but I just tried to print several pages, via ADOBE 6.0, but found that printing is not allowed and the security is password protected. :headache:

Anyone know the password or know how to "crack" it? :confused24:

Update your Adobe Reader from 6, to at least 9. If you don't WANT to

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/

There's a issue with PDFs created in newer versions of PDF publishers that can cause false security sets.

That and... V 6 has a nasty security flaw >.>

Either way, update your reader may solve the problem.

if you do Foxit Reader, that program will tell you if its passworded or not, etc.

Link of how to:

http://www.wikihow.com/Unsecure-a-Secure-PDF-File

Quote of how to:

Easiest and most simple way

1. 1
    Upload the files to Google Docs, selecting the 'Convert text from PDF or image files to Google Docs documents' option.
  2. 2
    Google Docs will now extract all the text of the pdf file and in to a Google Docs one.
  3. 3
    Now all you need to do is correct any formatting changes.
  4. 4
    PDF size is limited by Google Docs to 2 MB

Another simple way

1. 1
    Download the latest version of Foxit Reader and CutePDF Writer.
  2. 2
    Open the secured PDF file that you own or that you created with Foxit Reader.
  3. 3
    Print the secured PDF file to CutePDF Writer and save the printed file to your computer as a new PDF file.
  4. 4
    Open it and its now unsecured.

Unsecure a Secure PDF File as the Owner or Creator

1. 1
    Open the secured PDF file that you own or that you created within Adobe Acrobat.
  2. 2
    Click the Secure button in the Tasks toolbar. It is easily identified by the padlock icon.
  3. 3
    Choose the Remove Security option if you want to completely unsecure the PDF file. If you previously assigned a Permissions Password to the secure PDF file, you will have to enter it at this time to complete the process.
  4. 4
    Change encryption settings instead of completely unsecuring the PDF file by choosing the Show Security Properties menu item under the Secure button, rather than choosing the Remove Security option.
    • Encrypt different document contents or change the encryption algorithm, if you desire, and then hit Next.
    • Check a recipient’s trusted identity, change a recipient’s permissions or remove recipients if you want to alter these items, then click Next.
    • Click Finish and OK to save your changes and close the document properties window. Save the PDF file to implement the changes you have made.

Unsecure Another’s Secure PDF File using Gimp

1. 1
    Download the Gimp, Evince or any other gnu pdf viewer.
  2. 2
    Import the PDF document.
  3. 3
    Save or Print to PDF (There are plenty of free print to pdf solutions out there)

Unsecure Another’s Secure PDF File

1. 1
    Boot into Ubuntu Linux to access a workaround that allows you to “unlock” secured PDF files. This method only works if you are actually running Linux, but it has the benefit of being free.
  2. 2
    Start up Ubuntu’s default document viewer, Evince.
  3. 3
    Open the secured PDF file from within Evince.
  4. 4
    Select File and then select Print from the menu.
  5. 5
    Choose Print to File from the printer selection screen, and type in a new name for the document.
  6. 6
    Click Print. You now have a copy of the original PDF file sans security.

Unsecure Another’s Secure PDF File using Microsoft XPS Viewer

1. 1
    Open the file and print it with the Microsoft XPS Document Writer.
  2. 2
    Open the newly created XPS file with Microsoft XPS Viewer.
  3. 3
    Print the file using a PDF printer (such as Adobe PDF).
  4. 4
    You now have a copy of the original PDF file, but unsecured.
  5. 5
    Note: This method might not work for some security measures applied on the original Secure PDF file.

Update your Adobe Reader from 6, to at least 9. If you don't WANT to

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/

There's a issue with PDFs created in newer versions of PDF publishers that can cause false security sets.

That and... V 6 has a nasty security flaw >.>

Either way, update your reader may solve the problem.

if you do Foxit Reader, that program will tell you if its passworded or not, etc.

My ADOBE(not "reader") 6.0 is the full pro version. I also have Reader 10. With either version when I try to enable "Printing" the password box pops up. :depressed:

I just tried mine and it works OK

Adobe Reader Reader X ver 10.1.3

The 2nd page of the RSV copright is attached below. Not sure where I got this copy at. It's 54,862Kb.

Wes, what pages or better yet, content do you want. I can print a range of pages to a PDF file and get that to you.

Gary

I think we have looking at different manuals Gary, mine, and I presume Walter's is dated 2002 and is very much secured, I haven't been able to crack the password on mine in all attempts. I have reader X (10.1.3) foxit, all the cutepdf junk (lol) and want to throw my laptop out the window.....*beats head on wall behind her*

I just tried mine and it works OK

Adobe Reader Reader X ver 10.1.3

The 2nd page of the RSV copright is attached below. Not sure where I got this copy at. It's 54,862Kb.

Wes, what pages or better yet, content do you want. I can print a range of pages to a PDF file and get that to you.

Gary

Gary, it is the OWNER'S manual we are trying to unlock. The file, "Venture Owner's manual.pdf"

is dated 9/28/2009 and is only 10,131Kb.

I checked with my friend who works for Adobe his official answer (think he's still at work too) is the file is secured and can't be jailbroken. He couldn't offer me any ideas beyond what I've tried either. Since Chris taught me what I know about hacking, I'm figuring he knows I've darn near tried it all lol. Mike says he's take a crack at it after work and see what he can do.

Me too!! As a matter of fact, I actually read mine tonight just to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong with my audio system, it was dead. Turned out to be the "backup" 10 amp fuse was blown but I swear I checked it the other day and it was good...