IGNORED

WIll GPS play thru bluetooth?

djh3

OK so I have a Garmin 765t. It has blutooth capabilities. I have recently found pandora, such a cool deal. So my question is instead of using the MP3 player on the GPS can I connect my via bluetooth and use my phone to connect to pandora and it play thru the bikes comm system? I havent had a chance to just go out and try it.

Use a stereo 1/8 to 1/8 male cable to your aux in (earphone on the phone)on the bike. Then buy one of my cables and you can even talk on your phone while riding. The gps Bluetooth would have to have a2dp ( I think the 785 does but not the 765)

On my list Buddy. But I was just foolin around with the phone the other day in the car and got to wondering if it would work. Guess next week when I get back in town I'll have to give it a try.

By the way any luck finding another supplier for your parts you were having a hard time finding?

Not yet, That's on my list...lol

Most of the cars have a2dp in their version of bluetooth. I know the 11 Fusion with Sync does. Jude just tells the car "Bluetooth Audio" and it switches to her phone and she's usually using pandora.

Well I tried it today. No GO. Had the GPS up running and plugged into the aux jack and I could hear directions. Fired up pandora on the phone (wich took some doing in the garage) and it started to play over the phone speaker. Had bluetooth on for GPS and phone connected to GPS via BT but nothing for music. Oh well it was worth a shot, didnt cost nothing.

Instead of going BT, why not go FM? I just did that for my '91 VR. I tried BT headsets from Scala, but there were too many problems.

For about $30.00 I got a Griffin iTrip. It connects to the docking port on my iPhone and iPod Touch. It will scan for clear frequencies and you can have 3 pre-sets. It has a USb port so you can charge your iDevice on the go if you have 12 volts available...like if you wired a battery tender pig tail to cigarette style outlet...

Instead of going BT, why not go FM? I just did that for my '91 VR. I tried BT headsets from Scala, but there were too many problems.

For about $30.00 I got a Griffin iTrip. It connects to the docking port on my iPhone and iPod Touch. It will scan for clear frequencies and you can have 3 pre-sets. It has a USb port so you can charge your iDevice on the go if you have 12 volts available...like if you wired a battery tender pig tail to cigarette style outlet...

I've been looking at the Griffin iTrip for my iPod Nano to use on the trip to MD. I have read a lot of bad reports on it saying that the newer ones have had the power turned down by the FCC and they now have a very weak signal prone to lots of static.

How old is your iTrip? Have you had any bad issues with it?

More info please.

My hope was to just have this in the trunk set to shuffle, plugged into a power port and just let it rip for the 9 hour trip.