IGNORED

who's going to sturgis this year?

woody071585

My fiance and I will be riding in from NC with 5 other bikes. Oh yea all of us riding the only trailers going with us are the ones we are towing behind us. We will be taking the northern route there to get a few more states marked off the map. Then taken a southern route home to get even more states and sites in.

We are staying in Wall SD at the Sunshine Motel right down the road from Wall Drug. John the owner is a great person and takes care of us bikers while there.

Will be riding every day to all the different sites and probably taking in some of the night sites as well.

I'll be riding in from the green bay wi area staying at iron horse camp ground again ridin with the gf and another buddy planning to view the sights by day and party like rock stars on da bus by night

What the heck! I stay at the iron horse as well. We will have to meet up at the beer garden before you ride Da Bus!

I forgot to add that I am just 5 1/2 hours away and am a South Dakotan. No real plans while out there. The Iron Horse has alot of people from the north eastern part of the state staying there. For those that are going and havent been there before, the Iron Horse is a good place to stay. Fairly quiet, and clean bathrooms and showers. Only drawback is not alot of shade. Hope to see more from the venture riders there this year!

I was told we may be going again this year. We hardly ever make plans. Last time we camped in Spearfish at Chris's Campground which was pretty nice.

I truly do want to go back to the Badlands and the Black Hills. We rode the whole 3600 mile trip in 09, without any real problems. I loved the whole experience, even the golf ball size hail in Sturgis.

Yama Mama:smile5:

Hello Everyone:We live 4 hours south of Sturgis. Have went for the past 5 or so years. We used to stay in Custer at the Cheif Motel. Wonderful accomodations especially if you like to ride out somewhere each day. We located an apartment above a garage in Sturgis last year, really enjoyed that also. Planning on that again this year. We two would like to do the Da Bus thing. We discovered how hard it is to meet other specific people with the crowds and noise. Patrolman46 started a thread a few months ago about getting a VR get together during Sturgis. Several other members chimed in also. Dan suggested having a VR gathering at the Highschool each morning? The FFA chapter serves a great breakfast for $8 and there is plenty of parking, but is has never been crowded. Some suggested a VR banner be placed near the bikes and also on one of the cafeteria tables. This sounded like a great Idea to me. I have been trying to catch up to BJ66 and Brian TX2Sturgis for two years now!!!:)

What the heck! I stay at the iron horse as well. We will have to meet up at the beer garden before you ride Da Bus!

I forgot to add that I am just 5 1/2 hours away and am a South Dakotan. No real plans while out there. The Iron Horse has alot of people from the north eastern part of the state staying there. For those that are going and havent been there before, the Iron Horse is a good place to stay. Fairly quiet, and clean bathrooms and showers. Only drawback is not alot of shade. Hope to see more from the venture riders there this year!

Sounds good we'll be staying with the group road dogs on hogs this year again we're normally put right by the pavilion wither the food and stage hope to see ya there

Guest tx2sturgis

Stayin at Glencoe again this year.

Last year there was talk of a get-together for the Venture members, possibly at Sturgis Brown High School during the breakfast time frame, a couple of times during the week. I emailed the school administrator last fall and she agreed they would set aside a table for us if we would like her to.

Is there still any interest in this?

Edited by tx2sturgis

I'm goin to something called "Too Broke for Sturgis" , as the name implies I don't have the time nor the funding to do Sturgis....ONE of these yrs I'll make it.

But there's a rumor that some southern Az ppl will be coming up North to the cool pines as well, a good time to be had by all I'm told.:cool10::cool10:

Stayin at Glencoe again this year.

Last year there was talk of a get-together for the Venture members, possibly at Sturgis Brown High School during the breakfast time frame, a couple of times during the week. I emailed the school administrator last fall and she agreed they would set aside a table for us if we would like her to.

Is there still any interest

Sounds good to me just let me know when