IGNORED

Lower fairing cowling-HELP!

I'm at a loss regarding the mounting of the left cowling! There is a mount tab at the bottom rear that does not match any mounting point on the frame??? It's in line with the removable brace which goes across the side of the engine but there aint nuthin there to bolt to. The left cowling and front "tie-in" were missing when I bought her.

Help!!

I'm at a loss regarding the mounting of the left cowling! There is a mount tab at the bottom rear that does not match any mounting point on the frame??? It's in line with the removable brace which goes across the side of the engine but there aint nuthin there to bolt to. The left cowling and front "tie-in" were missing when I bought her.

Help!!

Mine is like that.

Cable ties hold everything together, and firm.

One day I may get around to replacing various fairing parts, or rebuilding the tabs, but for now cable ties hold them in place perfectly.

On my '83, there is only a round bumper pad that just rests against the bar at that position.

And this is the way it was designed. This tab is simply for a rubber spacer; not a bolt or allen head or screw for attaching it to anything.

On my '83, there is only a round bumper pad that just rests against the bar at that position.

:sign yeah that:

My '84 has the bumper that lays againt the strut. It just pops into the hole in the lower and the bumper cushions againt the frame work.

Mike

Thanks Carl and Dano...I plan to glue a peice of rubber same size as the OEM one and not tie it. On another note, I bought a vacuum bleeder kit at Princess Auto today after spending several hours trying to bleed the linked front/rear. Had I known how easy this makes the job, I would have bought it before starting.

Edited by Yamamike