IGNORED

Need to replace LED tail light on RSV

I had a custom LED setup for my rear lights, but one of the diodes burned out. I had a friend look at it and because he doesn't know what the diode types are he doesn't think he can fix it. He tried, but it lasted about 30 seconds and burnt out again. Any suggestions for a replacement? The one I had was like this - http://www.customdynamics.com/Yamaha_tail_retro.htm - but $90 plus shipping seems a bit much for a bunch of LEDs on a board. Does anybody know a reasonable replacement for a better cost? I have a regular bulb in there for now, so I don't think there's any kind of short.

Bike is a 2001 1300 RSV

I concur as well! I have all LED lighting from Custom Dynamics and they are a TOP NOTCH business. I recently replaced signals, running, brake, driving lights and headlight with all LED from CD and I have turned a lot of heads. There customer service is EXCELLENT! If you purchased the item from them they have a 3 year warranty on all LED and will replace or repair. Hope this helps......Good luck:)

John

I had a custom LED setup for my rear lights, but one of the diodes burned out. I had a friend look at it and because he doesn't know what the diode types are he doesn't think he can fix it. He tried, but it lasted about 30 seconds and burnt out again. Any suggestions for a replacement? The one I had was like this - http://www.customdynamics.com/Yamaha_tail_retro.htm - but $90 plus shipping seems a bit much for a bunch of LEDs on a board. Does anybody know a reasonable replacement for a better cost? I have a regular bulb in there for now, so I don't think there's any kind of short.

Bike is a 2001 1300 RSV

LED's are LED's. If the burned in 30 secs is because one of two reasons:

A.- The voltage is receiving is higher than what is able to support in mode ON.

B.- The reverse voltage is higher than the supported peak.

Highly possible CustomDynamics is using one led with a limiter resistor or active component (DIAC) that limit those two parameters. Both are easy to test on a bench with a multimeter or one Oscilloscope.

Good luck,

Calperin

:detective::detective::detective: