IGNORED

Bad boy/stebel horn

Guest Ken8143

Guest Ken8143

I am sure there is a thread on this - I want to mount a serious horn on my 1st Gen - any instructions on this?

Ken

I put a Stebel on my first Gen. It comes with a relay and very good instructions. The online prices vary, so look around i believe i paid 40+ for mine. And , believe me when i say, Cars now know when they cut me off. If you look at my pics, you can see that i mounted it where the rt side horn was (i bought a small 4" flat universal bracket and used the existing bracket bolt).

I have two sets of the Bad Boy horns on my '88.

I mounted them to the rear crash bars facing forward.

They are connected thru a relay using the stock horn button to activate the relay.

I started out with just one Bad Boy and added the second one a year later.

At first I left the stock horns hooked up but could not hear them at all over the dual Bad Boys (I could still hear them when I had just one Bad Boy) so I took off the stockers and mounted my driving lights there.

Keep in mind that the wire from the switch is a 12V negative lead. You need to put a 12V positive lead to the relay circuit coil you should install.

The attached picture shows the addition of an air horn in addition to the 2 stock horns. New wiring is inside dashed lines.

Gary

I used a piece of aluminum angle stock to mount mine and buffed them out (the home made aluminum brackets) to make them look like chrome. I think it was 1" stock. One hole on the end to mount the bracket where the stock horn bracket went then a larger hole on the other end to mount the horns. They are REALLY loud!!

Guest Ken8143
I used a piece of aluminum angle stock to mount mine and buffed them out (the home made aluminum brackets) to make them look like chrome. I think it was 1" stock. One hole on the end to mount the bracket where the stock horn bracket went then a larger hole on the other end to mount the horns. They are REALLY loud!!

Will the bad boys mount on the mounts Squidly made for horn/passing lights?