IGNORED

Stupid insurance commercials

Venturous Randy

Guest scarylarry

GEICO I have nothing good to say about...

I called them wanted a bundle deal car + 2 bikes she gave me a quote for the car and I said ok now the bikes she I'll transfer you the cycle dept. I said ok but I need you lock in this rate if you want this rate, I said sure give me the cycle rate to I can't I only do cars.....CLICK...Never called back...

Why she couldn't do both is beyond me

I called them wanted a bundle deal car + 2 bikes she gave me a quote for the car and I said ok now the bikes she I'll transfer you the cycle dept. I said ok but I need you lock in this rate if you want this rate, I said sure give me the cycle rate to I can't I only do cars.....CLICK...Never called back...

Maybe your name scared them away from ya........Just saying....:whistling:

i actually have USAA. best company ive ever had, also do all my banking with them. great rates. started by soldiers, financially strong, a tons of customer service awards. look em up in wiki. its impressive. their commercials are saying they only deal with military, their immediate family members. Geico used to be that way too.

i actually have USAA. best company ive ever had, also do all my banking with them. great rates. started by soldiers, financially strong, a tons of customer service awards. look em up in wiki. its impressive. their commercials are saying they only deal with military, their immediate family members. Geico used to be that way too.

Well, then that's what they should say. I am still not into the idea of 'earning' auto insurance. But if they are a square company thats great.

Mike

USAA used to be available only to Military Officers and their immediate families, and the parent company still is, not the military in general (no pun intended). So many of the family members who were then eligible which made their respective families eligible. It made USAA come up with USAA-CIC which is now available to non officers and their families. They used to be the best deal for motorcycle insurance and when they added the CIC they raised the rates so high it made it more attractive to go elsewhere. I am going on my 39th year with USAA. Geico was also a closed company as Geico is an abbreviation for Government Employees Insurance COmpany. Not exactly sure what year it was opened to the public, but in the early 70s I know you had to show your Government ID to be eligible, they sucked then too which is why I went to USAA when I found out about it. I have to say I have had my ups and downs with them but they have always beat the alternatives.

:backinmyday:

I'm glad to hear other people feel the same way I do about insurance commercials. I am an insurance agent and don't know why companies think you have to have stupid commercials. The GEICO taste test is the dumbest. What jackass would think that is clever. If I had my insurance with GEICO I would cancel it immediately. I think the commericals have done more harm to the public than anything. No one today knows if they have the proper coverage. TV is bombarded with commercials where everyone saves $500 on their insurance. I wondered how they go away with this, then it hit me one day. They say the customer that switched saved $500. I wonder how many didn't switch. I get mailers every week stating I can save $500. When I call their rates are always double what I am paying. Last week I got a letter that said since I was a member of the American Diabetes Association I qualified for a special discount with Met Life and could save hundreds on my car insurance. I called and they quoted me a rate of $1,675 per year and asked, how does that sound. I said not too good since I am currently paying $700 per year. The guy said, wow you have a good rate in Georgia. One other commercial that I think crosses the line is progressive's name your price. You can't name your price. I think I will call them and say I want to pay $10 per month and see what they say.

I looked into switching insurance to USAA . I found out that they do not insure motorcycles they refer you to thier partner which is Progressive insurance I will not do business with Progressive insurance . You need to look at how they spend their money, who and how the owner donates his money to. He is anti american and is trying to destroy our country . Just Google it.

The rates for Progressive's motorcycle insurance are the same. There is no special discount for USAA, however everyone I talk to that has progressive through USAA thinks they do. Can't speak for other states but in Georgia progressives cycle rates are double and triple other companies. I guess if you advertise enough people will buy without checking other companies. When people that have progressive contact me for a rate they can't believe how high their rates are. Progressive's rate for my bike is: 100/300/50 liability, same uninsured motorists, $10,000 med pay, $250 deductible comp and coll and roadside $1,900 per year. I wrote my coverage with Foremost for $385 per year.

Larry,

Many insurance companies have separate divisions for motorcycle insurance.

I find most commercials insulting.

The latest one that really turned my crank was one for Bridgestone tires which features a rider on a crotch rocket doing a wheelie in the background throughout the entire commercial.

A few years ago Old Navy had a commercial showing a young lady in a tank top with pedal pushes on a motorcycle wearing sandals. No helmet and no other safety gear. Sent a letter to their corporate office. Doubt it did any good, but it made me feel better.

Guess it might just be an age thing, but......

:15_8_211[1]:

Guest scarylarry
Larry,

Many insurance companies have separate divisions for motorcycle insurance.

Correct and I understand that but I need a total price not add car and transfer for my price on the bikes after I commited to the car dept..

I was looking for one quote not 2 different quotes...