IGNORED

Front tire/wheel removal, it is possible to do with ?

Is it possible to remove the front tire/wheel on a 2007 RSTD, or Venture, with using just the center stand and raising the front tire with the center stand down ? I am going to put extra bracing and such under the front of her if this is possible to do. Looks like about two - three inches of room there to get the wheel off.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried it ? I have a jack and a lift, but I need to change the front and the rear. So plan to remove the front and do it and then put her on the Harbor Freight lift and do the rear, I know that works great. But never tried the front with just the center stand down, not side stand, but center stand that I put on last year. :think: :confused24:

Thanks you all. :bowdown:

Fuzzy

You won't get enough room to roll the tire out from under the fender, you could remove the fender then proceed. I have a RSTD no center stand, but have to lift it up quite a bit to clear the fender.:080402gudl_prv:

Thank you. I thought that was a no go. So I will use the m-jack then.

Only way is to raise it more or remove the fender. Trying to do it the way you are wondering would very possiblie cause damages to the fender. Do it the safe way - that´s the only right way to do it !

I agree, thank you. I did see one at Don's MD, that was done that way, but it was a 1st gen. If my memory serves me right, I saw it with no rear tire and the front was sticking up like a statue and already a tire on it I thought. But I have been wrong more than once for sure, just ask my better half.

Fuzzy

• 2 weeks later...
not sure on a second gen with center stand but it can be done on a 1st gen. Hers a link

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1393

DAvid

Thanks Painterman67, that is exactly what I saw at Don's MD. I remember the strap on the center stand. Thank you very much. I thought that was possible, but not with a second gen though I understand.

Fuzzy :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

I used a floorjack with a 2 foot long 2x4 on it it jacked up from under the engine while the bike was on the sidestand. With the handlebars turned to the left, the tire came out without removing the fender. I've done it this way at least a half a dozen times and have had no problems.

Or maybe it was turned to the right. Once you lift it up you'll see which way to turn it to get the most clearance.

Thanks Tom. I already changed the tires with my jack and matter a fact the bike has been on the jack now for two weeks. I am going to give the wheels a another cleaning and some wax before I put the bags and pipes back on. I have only one good shoulder for now, so I am taking my good old time.

I also bleed my front brakes again and I checked them the other day and they feel as if I got all the air out this time. I had put all new SS brake and clutch and throttle lines on her when I did the Flanders bars upgrade. have not got to ride it yet. I am also going to check the air filters before taking it off the jack. I told the doctor I was going to start riding with in the next week or two if I am able. He said no, butttttt.

Fuzzy

the front tire can be removed using a floor jack and the side stand.

I put the jack stand under it, 'cause my floor jack tends to leak down. :shock3:

Thanks Wes. The first time I have saw that. Looks like it worked, but scary. A strap on the side stand would make me feel better. I bet you had to go pretty high to.

Fuzzy