IGNORED

Looking for plastic gas tank cover Gen 2

pmj423

So I installed 1.5" riser on the handle bars today. All the lines look like there is plenty of play in them. I was not able to re install the rubber mounts for the fairing. Have to think about that for a while before I modify them. Any suggestions are appreciated.

The one other problem I found is the mounts now hit the plastic cover on the gas tank by the key. They don't touch the ignition but do move the plastic. I am looking for another one that I can modify. Preferably in Black but any color will do. if anyone has an extra they are willing to part with please let me know.

Thanks much

I cut the rubber pieces down and installed them on the top of the handle bars up against the fairing. As for the handle bars hitting the ignition cover I didn't do anything to mine and unless I am turning really sharp in the parking lot it doesn't hit and when it does it just moves it a little.

I cut the rubber pieces down and installed them on the top of the handle bars up against the fairing. As for the handle bars hitting the ignition cover I didn't do anything to mine and unless I am turning really sharp in the parking lot it doesn't hit and when it does it just moves it a little.

Yes the only time it hitsis when bars are turned really tigh. That probably won't happen often.

Could you send me a pic of your rubber text msg would be fine the number in my profile is my cell

:bluesbrother:

I took off the outer fairing and loosened the inner fairing slid the rubber mounts in and re tightened the inner fairing. This makes for a nice fit. Regarding the bars hitting the cover, I haven't done anything because it really doesn't do any damage. It pushes the cover in a bit but won't hurt it.

I cut the corners off the rubber bumper so they would slip in. Much easier to do if you loosen the inner fairing. As for the ignition cover, I cut the corners off it too. Doesn't look the best, but since I hardly ever wash my bike, it doesn't show up.:smile5:

RR

I've got one that came off a parts bike that is availlable. It is black but I think was originally burgundy and painted black with a rattle can. However, it does have a sticker on it that says WHO'S YOUR DADDY, is that a problem?

sticker is not a problem. I have a friend that does custom leather work and was thinking of cutting it down and wrapping it with leather. I will PM you my info.

:bluesbrother:

Plastic cover is fine, no need to cut, bend, mutalate unless your trying to do something special. It will bend enough for tight turns. The rubber bumpers I lucked out and bought some milled dowels that bolt to the risers and go right in place of where the handle bars use to be. Still get a rattle every now and then on rough intersections etc.

Check this out. Kirby a member here made them. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=51526&d=1287703597