IGNORED

help...what's leaking????

Midnight Rider

This is Cindy.... . just put the leveling links on Dales bike and after he took it off the lift I noticed fluid....antifreeze I believe...... here are 2 picks showing where the leak is ..........any ideas????????

Thanks !!!!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/rella_photo/test/100_1464.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/rella_photo/test/100_1465.jpg

Most likely the rubber plugs behind the finned covers are leaking. It's not uncommon on this bike, especially in cooler weather. Take the covers off and tape a piece of metal or something for shim onto the boss on the backside of the covers that holds those plugs in place. Then when you reinstall the covers, it will shove the rubber plugs in a little farther.

Its comming from under the fake fins. Its leaking by the antifreeze coolent plug. Buy new one from dealer. Remove fin, have new plug in hand,pull old plug quickly and stick new one in fast so not to much antifreeze leaks out. You also might trying using a washer stuck on the raised area that sticks out right where the antifreeze plug is on the fin, try permatex or something like that to hold it in place when you put the fin back on.

tew47

Well, since liquid reacts to gravity the way it does, i would say that it has either dripped straight down, or run along something first and then dripped. were it me, i would take a clean dry paper towel and poke around above the leak somewhere and see if i could get some on it. wherever you pick up a little would be the place to start looking. if you get some off the top of the cylinder then see if you can trace it back. may be a hose needs tightening. don't look like it amounts to much. might even start up the engine and let it warm up and see if it gets worse. i had a honda gl650 that had a little tiny leak when cold and i couldn't trace it so i started it up and when it got warm it started spurting out of a pinhole in the upper radiator hose. then i knew.

Wow I could really poke fun at a 2nd gen leaking and it only being a few years old:stirthepot:, but I'd never do that. :rotf:

Hope ya get it fixed. Dang these 2nd gens may not be around as long as the 1st gens after all. :stirthepot:

Now remember I'm not poking fun at ya's. :rotf::rotf:

Margaret

Best thing is to do is to take all the antifreeze out, flush it well, 4 or 5 times so that there is no more trace of antifreeze, then refill with cold, clean, distilled water. Now it will be less noticeable, seeing as these scoots seem to do this more often.:stirthepot::whistling: