I have a project I'm working on. My 84 has a very small trunk and I have the mounting bracket for an 85 trunk. I've also determined that any MkII trunk will fit the 85 hardware. The only thing I'm missing now is the antenna bracket. It needs to be longer than the 84. Questions are....

Does the MkII bracket fit on the 85 mounting rack?

Does anyone have one they would be willing to part with?

Failing that at least I would know if I could look at ANY MKII on eBay...

Wayne I have an antennae bracket for my cb radio made forn bar aluminum that attached to my 85 trunk rack and cleared it perfectly it bolts right to the rack and doesn't interfer with the trunk in anyway.

left me know if interested i'll send pictures tomorrow.

as far as I know there is only one bracket and one antenna. There may be aftermarket antenna brackets for the other side but there is no factory mount on that side. I would prefer to get a factory antenna mount. I have the antenna and everything that goes with it. Just the mount to make it work with the bigger bag.

Looking at some eBay pics of trunk mounts, I see MKI's have only one antenna bracket. I put a MKII trunk and mount on my 84 last year and it will accept antenna mounts on either side. I just hopped out of my tent and took a look and the antenna bracket will fit either side. I had assumed all MKII's were the same. But after looking at the eBay pics, it looks as though that may not be so. Cold it be that only the MKII's equipped with CB's had mounts on both sides?

By the way, there are both a 90 & an 85 antenna bracket on eBay right now. I'm jumping on the 90 as I plan on adding a CB at some time in the future.

Here's the 85 http://www.ebay.com/itm/85-Yamaha-Venture-Royale-XVZ1200-ANTENNA-BRACKET-/130641632047?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e6ad91b2f&vxp=mtr

Bill